ENCORE (occasionally capitalized as encore) is a Finnish team, created after ENCE eSports' disbandment. The team was originally created with the aim of attending Assembly Summer 2014, though they also participated in the European qualifier for ESL One: Cologne 2014 as well as currently being part of the European Main division in ESEA Season 17.
Creation and ASUS ROG Summer 2014
The first mention of encore shaping up was hinted at in ENCE eSports' closing statement. The idea was eventually realized, and encore was collected from the team's ashes with the intention of attending Assembly Summer 2014. (Contrary to popular belief, it was not natu who got the project started.)
The team was invited to the event, and encore were viewed as favorites from the ground up alongside the German PENTA Sports and European mix Nostalgie. They were drawn into group B with their opposition being the Danish myRevenge e.V., the Swedish naMNam and the Finnish mix ajuri. encore proceeded to speed through their group with 16-4 and 16-2 victories over naMNam and myRevenge respectively and therefore grabbing first seed going into the playoffs.
Their opponent in the quarterfinal round was the Norweigian Expert Gaming, who grabbed second seed from Group C with two victories over RCTIC eSports. The Finns sped past Expert with 16-9 victories on Nuke and Inferno, and therefore proceeded into the semifinals against the European predicted favorite Nostalgie, captained by OverDrive and featuring the likes of then-LDLC.com duo of KQLY and apEX. The series proved to be a nailbiter; encore fought their way the first game on Nuke 16-10, while Nostalgie annihilated the Finns on Inferno with a 16-2 scoreline. The series was decided on Dust II, where the encore managed to pull off an 19-16 victory over the European giants after a tough fight and therefore securing their place in the grand finals.
Meanwhile, the previously Finn-decimated myRevenge fought their way to the finals with convincing victories over Swedish Publiclir.se and the brand new Finnish Recursive eSports squad. Unlike what was expected from encore's victory over the Danish underdogs in the group stage on Mirage, myRevenge unexpectedly beat the Finnish in the first game on the same map with a 16-5 scoreline. natu's side managed to even it up on the second game on Dust II, ending in a 16-4 victory for encore. The stage was then set for the deciding map of the series, where encore's devastating loss to Nostalgie on Inferno showed itself once more, and BERRY's myRevenge won the very last game 16-8 over encore and therefore the event title.
- April 14 - 3DMAX announce that the organization will be shutting down as of May 1st. The team will continue playing together under the name of encore; natu, diSTURBED, KHRN, stonde and xartE join.
- April 23 - natu announces his intent to retire from competitive gaming; naSu of Team Menace.fi is seen playing as a stand-in.
- May 20 - disturbed and stonde leave ENCORE due to time constrains and a lack of motivation, respectively.
- June 21 - ENCORE remove tomsku and naSu, adding former Menace founder duo aslak and suNny.
- July 22 - Team ROCCAT signs ENCORE.
- July 3 - encore is created with former members of ENCE and Refuse; natu, disturbed, xartE, KHRN and reflex.
- August 25 - encore is officialized as a team, and begins seeking organizational support.
- September 8 - ENCORE is picked up by 3DMAX.
|| ENCE eSports
- The team's name is a play of words on "ENCE" and "encore", a French word meaning "again", referring to the original roster being a reunited group of players from ENCE eSports.