AEF Dota 2 League 4 Division 1 - Group Stage
The AEF Dota 2 League an online league tournament organised by Australian eSports Federation returns for its fourth season with a total prize pool of 4,850 AUD for the Divisions 1 and 2 respectively, while the winner of Division 3 receives peripherals from AEF.
The fourth season of AEF Division 1 takes place on the 5th February 2018 and finishes on the 8th April, with the season splitting into two phases: Group stage and LAN Finals. The top four seedlings from the group stage would play in offline finals at a TBA location on the 7th and 8th April respectively on a double elimination format. This is the first time AEF has introduced offline finals.
The pointing system has also been reworked in this season.
A single game win in a series provides a point where a 2-1 win gives 2 points and a 1-2 loss gives 1 point. A 2-0 sweep provides 3 points.
Natural 9 is the current champions, winning last season's Division 1 finals.
The format for Division 1 consists of two stages:
- Phase 1: Group Stage
- Weekly single round robin in a Bo3 series
- The top four seedings would move into LAN Finals
- Tiebreakers of Bo3 would be used if required
- Phase 2: Lan Finals
- The top four teams would play in a 4 team double elimination bracket
- The finals series start on the 7th April at the University of Melbourne
- The top four seedings would be determined and the prize pool would be allocated from this
|Place||$ USD||$ AUD||Qualified||Team|
- Due to the longevity of the tournament, the full-roster of the teams are not listed.
The 7th placed team or last placed team would play against the second-best team from Division 2 to fight for relegation. If the Division 1 win is victorious, it retains its position in Division 1, while a loss would mean the team would be relegated and the contending Division 2 team is promoted. However due to the volatility of roster changes, the relegation series may be withdrawn.