Abaddon, the Lord of Avernus
|Support Carry Durable|
The Font of Avernus is the source of a family’s strength, a crack in primal stones from which vapors of prophetic power have issued for generations. Each newborn of the cavernous House Avernus is bathed in the black mist, and by this baptism they are given an innate connection to the mystic energies of the land. They grow up believing themselves fierce protectors of their lineal traditions, the customs of the realm—but what they really are protecting is the Font itself. And the motives of the mist are unclear.
When the infant Abaddon was bathed in the Font, they say something went awry. In the child’s eyes there flared a light of comprehension that startled all present and set the sacerdotes to whispering. He was raised with every expectation of following the path all scions of Avernus took—to train in war, that in times of need he might lead the family’s army in defense of the ancestral lands. But Abaddon was always one apart. Where others trained with weapons, he bent himself to meditation in the presence of the mist. He drank deep from the vapors that welled from the Font, learning to blend his spirit with the potency that flowed from far beneath the House; he became a creature of the black mist.
There was bitterness within the House Avernus—elders and young alike accusing him of neglecting his responsibilities. But all such accusations stopped when Abaddon rode into battle, and they saw how the powers of the mist had given him mastery over life and death beyond those of any lord the House had ever known.
- The self damage is Pure damage.
- The self damage can be absorbed by Aphotic Shield.
- Abaddon can deny himself with this ability.
- The Mist Coil projectile travels at 1600 speed.
- Blocked by Spell Immunity on enemies. The self damage is not blocked. Can heal spell immune allies.
- Blocked by Linken's Sphere.
- Aphotic Shield bursts as soon as the maximum damage has been absorbed.
- When the duration runs out, the shield bursts and the maximum damage is dealt regardless of how much was absorbed.
- Casting on the same unit again will replace the Aphotic Shield currently active on the target, causing the first shield to burst immediately for full damage.
- Does not damage invisible units.
- Blocked by Spell Immunity.
- Can be dispelled.
- Borrowed Time will activate automatically if Abaddon suffers damage while having less than 400 HP.
- Damage nukes greater than Abaddon's current health will kill Abaddon without passively activating Borrowed Time.
- When Borrowed Time is active, Abaddon is visually covered in a bright blue glow.
- Can be cast while disabled, and performs a strong dispel on cast. This allows Abaddon to remove a stun from himself while stunned.
- When broken, only the passive activation is disabled. The ability may still be manually activated.
|+25% Curse of Avernus MS/AS Slow||25||+225 Aphotic Shield Health|
|+90 Damage||20||20% Cooldown Reduction|
|+60 Mist Coil Heal/Damage||15||+6 Armor|
|+20% XP Gain||10||+25 Movement Speed|
Able to transform enemy attacks into self-healing, Abaddon can survive almost any assault. Shielding allies and launching his double-edged coil at a friend or foe, he is always ready to ride into the thick of battle.Abaddon (In-Game Description)
Abaddon is a seemingly unkillable hero. His abilities are useful for his own potential protection as well as to save those who desperately need to stay alive. Proper play of Abaddon requires good management skills of your hp and mana.
Mist Coil is Abaddon's main damage nuke and heal ability. By using early levels of Aphotic Shield you mitigate damage in the early game, have the utility to remove stuns, and cover the self damage dealt by Mist Coil as you level it up. Abaddon's slow is very minor, so it is saved for later in the game due to his other skills having a much more powerful impact.
- Death Coil (renamed) ➜ Mist Coil
- Mark of the Abyss (renamed) ➜ Frostmourne (renamed) ➜ Curse of Avernus