Karroch, the Beastmaster
|Initiator Disabler Durable Nuker|
Karroch was born a child of the stocks. His mother died in childbirth; his father, a farrier for the Last King of Slom, was trampled to death when he was five. Afterward Karroch was indentured to the king's menagerie, where he grew up among all the beasts of the royal court: lions, apes, fell-deer, and things less known, things barely believed in. When the lad was seven, an explorer brought in a beast like none before seen. Dragged before the King in chains, the beast spoke, though its mouth moved not. Its words: a plea for freedom. The King only laughed and ordered the beast perform for his amusement; and when it refused, struck it with the Mad Scepter and ordered it dragged to the stocks.
Over the coming months, the boy Karroch sneaked food and medicinal draughts to the wounded creature, but only managed to slow its deterioration. Wordlessly, the beast spoke to the boy, and over time their bond strengthened until the boy found he could hold up his end of a conversation. He could, in fact, speak now to all the creatures of the King's menagerie. On the night the beast died, a rage came over the boy. He incited the animals of the court to rebel and threw open their cages to set them amok on the palace grounds. The Last King was mauled in the mayhem. In the chaos, one regal stag bowed to the boy who had freed him; and with Beastmaster astride him, leapt the high walls of the estate, and escaped. Now a man, Karroch the Beastmaster has not lost his ability to converse with wild creatures. He has grown into a warrior at one with nature's savagery.
|Damage||30 / 60 / 90 / 120 |
130 / 160 / 190 / 220
|Damage Amplification||6% / 8% / 10% / 12%|
- A unit can get hit once by each axe.
- Maximum damage:
- The debuff stacks for each axe that hits the target.
- The debuff only amplifies damage dealt by Beastmaster and his units.
- The axes move at 1200 speed and have 350 flying vision.
- The axes destroy trees in their path.
Additionally, Beastmaster and his units gain bonus movement speed for a short duration.
|Damage||150 / 225 / 300|
|Stun Duration||3 / 3.5 / 4|
|Slow Duration||2 / 3 / 4|
|Movement Speed Slow||50%|
|Attack Speed Slow||50|
|Knockback/Slow Radius||(0 ~ 300) at (0 ~ 600 range) |
|Bonus Movement Speed||30%|
|Bonus Speed Duration||3|
|Bonus Speed Radius||900|
|Cast Range||600 |
- Only the main target is stunned. The main target is not slowed or knocked back.
- The knockback/slow radius has a dynamic range based on the distance between Beastmaster and the primary target.
- The farther away the target, the farther the knockback/slow radius reaches the maximum area of effect.
- The knockback/slow radius is centered around both the target and Beastmaster.
- Damage and slow blocked by Spell Immunity, the stun and knockback are not.
- Blocked by Linken's Sphere on primary target.
- The slow can be dispelled.
|+2 Hawks Summoned||25||+40 Inner Beast Attack Speed|
|+500 Health||20||+100 Wild Axes Damage|
|+40 Boar Damage||15||+7 Armor|
|+30 Movement Speed||10||+25% XP Gain|
Summoning a poison-spitting boar and a scouting hawk to aid his hunt, Beastmaster never stalks the battlefield unprepared. Chopping through the forest with his axes, his stunning roar opens the way for his allies to devastate enemies.()
|Balance Patch History|
|Patch Version||Balance Changes|
- Standard Beastmaster (Lane) Build
- Standard Beastmaster (Middle) Build
- DotaFire's Builds & Guides for Beastmaster