Dota 2 League Season 5
The Dota 2 League is back for its fifth season, featuring a $50,000 base prize pool, with 25% of all in-game purchases being added to the pool, and a 4 team LAN finals at CES 2015 in Las Vegas.
- League Play
- Sixteen teams divided into two regions of eight teams each will play a best of three series once against all other teams in their region in the round-robin league stage. The round-robin stage will be followed by a bubble race single elimination playoffs.
- The top four teams, two from each region, will advance to the live finals in Las Vegas during the 2015 International CES.
- Double elimination bracket with two teams from each division.
- #1 from each division will play the #2 from the opposite division.
- The Grand Finals match is played Bo5, all other matches are played Bo3.
A base prize of $50,000 is spread as seen below. In addition to the base prize, 25% of all in-game sales will be added to the prize pool.
As of January 1, 2015, the total prize pool was $58,397 ($8,397 raised by sales).
An additional $50,000 will be offered to cover flight and hotel for the top four teams that advance to the finals in Las Vegas.
1Due to Visa issues for two of their players, Team Empire withdrew their participation in the LAN Finals and was replaced by Virtus.pro Polar.
2Lil was not able to obtain a visa in time, so DeMoN stood in in his place.