Io, the Wisp
|Support Escape Nuker|
Io is everywhere, and in all things. Denounced by enemies as the great unmaker, worshiped by scholars as the twinkling of a divine eye, this strange Wisp of life-force occupies all planes at once, the merest fraction of its being crossing into physical existence at any one moment.
Like the great twin riders Dark and Light, and yet another ancient traveler whose true history is lost to the ages, Io the Wisp is a Fundamental of the universe—a force older than time, a wanderer from realms far beyond mortal understanding. Io is nothing less than the sum of all attractive and repulsive forces within the material field, a sentient manifestation of the charge that bind particles together. It is only in the controlled warping of these forces that Io's presence can be experienced on the physical plane. A benevolent, cooperative force, Io bonds its strange magnetism to others so that the power of allies might be enhanced. Its motives inscrutable, its strength unimaginable, Io moves through the physical plane, the perfect expression of the mysteries of the universe.
|Slow Duration||0.75 / 1.25 / 1.75 / 2.25|
|Stun Duration||0.75 / 1.25 / 1.75 / 2.25|
|Movement Speed Slow||100%|
|Attack Speed Slow||100|
|Ally Regeneration||120% / 130% / 140% /150%|
|Movement Speed Bonus||7% / 10% / 13% / 16%|
|Max Tether Distance||900|
|Talent Ability 1||Grants Aghanim's Scepter Bonus|
|Talent Ability 2||Attacks the tethered ally's target|
- Ally regeneration is based on Io's current regeneration.
- Io's movement speed is set to match the the tethered ally's movement speed.
- Enemy units may only be slowed once per cast of tether.
- The tethered unit will only gain hp and mana if Io is gaining hp and mana; They will not regenerate if Io is full.
- If Io and the target allied unit are further than 700 range apart at time of ability use, Io will slingshot rapidly towards the allied unit to a distance of 300 range. If this slingshot occurs, trees at the destination around Io will be destroyed.
- Tether grants Aghanim's Scepter bonus to the allied hero Io is tethered to.
- Attacking the tethered ally's target is passive and does not interrupt Io.
- The tether stun replaces the slow.
- Blocked by Spell Immunity. Cannot cast tether on spell immune allies.
- Spirits spawn one by one over 4 seconds and will initially spawn 150 units away.
- Spirits provide 150 flying vision briefly when colliding with an enemy hero.
- If Spirits spell duration runs out or Spirits is recast, any spirits that are still circling Io will explode at their present location.
- The spirits complete a revolution every 2.3 seconds regardless of distance from Io, meaning that spirits move more quickly when further from Io.
- Blocked by Spell Immunity.
If Io is Tethered to an ally, they also gain the bonuses.
- The self damage from this ability is non-lethal HP Cost.
- If Io is interrupted during the delay, Relocate will be cancelled.
- Provides 300 flying vision of the Relocate area during the delay.
- Destroys trees within 300 range of the teleport destination and return location.
- Using Relocate while tethered to another unit will refresh Tether to its full duration.
- Visual effect on Io, visual effect at the destination, and the minimap marker of the destination, are also visible to enemies.
- Double clicking Relocate teleports to the fountain.
|+50 Health Regen||25||Tether Stuns|
|Attack Tethered Ally's Target||20||+150 Gold/Min|
|Tether Grants Scepter Bonus||15||+90 Spirits Hero Damage|
|+60 Damage||10||+400 Spirits Max Range|
Io has a talent for making allies more effective. A powerful companion, the wisp's tether speeds allies and stops enemies. Capable of linking to and teleporting across the battlefield with an ally, Io can make a dangerous ally even deadlier.Io (In-Game Description)