Dragonus, the Skywrath Mage
|Support Nuker Disabler|
A highly placed mage in the court of the Ghastly Eyrie, Dragonus lives a troubled existence. Sworn by birth to protect whoever sits within the Nest of Thorns, he hates the current Skywrath queen with all his soul. As a youth, high-born, he was a friend and companion to the eldest Skywrath princess, Shendelzare, first in line for the Nest. He had loved her warmly and unshakably, but as his studies took hold, his mind turned to arcane learning and the mastery of Skywrath sorcery.
Obsessed with matters aetherial, he missed the mundane signs of courtly treachery that hinted at a plot against Shendelzare, and lost his chance to foil it. When the court was shaken by a swift and violent coup, he emerged from his studies to discover his oldest and dearest friend had been lost to him. The Nest of Thorns now belonged to Shendelzare's ruthless younger sister, and Dragonus could do nothing. The magic of the Skywrath Mage serves only the sworn protector of the Skywrath scion, so to act against the Nest would render him helpless. He clings to his post, believing it to be the best hope of one day restoring his true love to her rightful place. Meanwhile, his secret is known only to the goddess Scree'auk, whose magic it was transformed Shendelzare from a crippled physical creature into an embodiment of pure vengeful energy. While he dreams of restoring his beloved queen to the Ghastly Eyrie, he dreams even more desperately of restoring Shendelzare herself to a fully healed physical form. The duplicity of his role at court tortures him, for he is a noble and good-hearted creature; but the worst torture of all is imaging the hatred that Vengeful Spirit must hold in her heart for him.
|Damage||60 / 80 / 100 / 120|
|Bonus Intelligence Damage||160%|
- Bonus damage is based on Skywrath Mage's intelligence.
- The bolt travels at 500 speed and has 325 flying vision. Vision lingers for 3.34 seconds after impact.
- Cannot be disjointed.
- The extra bolt is cast at a random enemy in range, prioritizing heroes.
- This stacks with Second Wind to fire 3 bolts total.
- Blocked by Spell Immunity and Linken's Sphere.
- The shot travels at 800 speed and has 300 flying vision. Vision lingers for 3.34 seconds after impact.
- Although the projectile only targets heroes, the area damage and slow can still be dealt to nearby creeps.
- Only works on visible heroes. Nearby heroes hidden by the Fog of War or invisibility will not be targeted even if within range.
- Does not target spell immune heroes or illusions.
- Blocked by Spell Immunity. The projectile's area of effect still bursts.
- The slow can be dispelled.
Aghanim's Scepter Ability
- Heroes are prioritized when searching for the secondary target.
- The cast range of Second Wind is centered around the target.
- Mystic Flare's second cast cannot be within the radius of the first Mystic Flare. If there are no targets outside of the original radius, there will be no secondary cast.
- The extra casts do not have a mana cost or cooldown.
- This ability is independent from Skywrath Mage's spells and is granted directly by the scepter.
|+600 Mystic Flare Damage||25||+300 Gold/Min|
|+15% Ancient Seal Magic Resistance Reduction||20||Global Concussive Shot|
|+1 Arcane Bolt Per Cast||15||-8s Ancient Seal Cooldown|
|+8 Intelligence||10||+25 Movement Speed|
Deadly and fragile in equal measure, Skywrath Mage quickly destroys his enemies with a barrage of powerful magic. He silences foes while increasing their vulnerability to spells, meaning he has no trouble vaporizing any who stand against him.Skywrath Mage (In-Game Description)
- Standard Skywrath Mage (Lane) Build
- Standard Skywrath Mage (Middle) Build
- DotaFire's Builds & Guides for Skywrath Mage