|This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone or spelling. You can assist by editing it now.|
(last update: 2017-11-26)
Troels Lyngholt "syndereN" Nielsen is a Danish professional Dota 2 player.
In December 2009 syndereN formed "THE SHIT!", a team consisting mainly of Scandinavian players. They experienced some success as they became the first team to take a game off of "Blight.int" at a point where they were seen as invincible. "THE SHIT!" also finished second in "Farm4Fame 2.4". They were picked up by a sponsor, Online Kingdom, in March 2010. As Online Kingdom the squad won "European Dota Championship Pro League", and got into the top 8 at ESWC 2010. They finally disbanded after a brief period of inactivity in October 2010.
As a player
SyndereN's big break through in Dota 2 came when his team Wild Honey Badgers won the Dreamhack Winter 2011 Dota 2 tournament. Shortly after the tournament completed, the team were picked up by mTw to form their Dota 2 division. Despite running into a few changes with the team and even a complete revamp, syndereN continued to prove his capabilities as a captain and a player by leading mTw to tournament victories in The GD Studio's Arena #2 for $1,000 USD and more notably, retained their DreamHack championship at Dreamhack Summer 2012 against Na`Vi for kr 100,000 SEK (approximately $15,000 USD).
With the same line-up as DreamHack Summer 2012, syndereN managed to qualify for The International 2012. Shortly before the tournament rumors started that the team had internal issues and syndereN was removed from the role as captain. After a disappointing 3-11 record at the event, all players, except for syndereN, left the organization. It was made clear that syndereN would, yet again, build a team from scratch.
On October 31 of 2012, mTw announced their new Dota 2 squad with syndereN at the helm again. The new team consisted of Matrim, Tulex, Warlog, Dutch_freak and syndereN himself. The newly established mTw team was expected to participate in Dreamhack Winter 2012 on the backs of the invitation the previous mTw squad received for winning DreamHack Summer 2012 over Na'Vi. Unfortunately for syndereN and his fresh Dota squad, they were unable to attend DreamHack Winter 2012, stating that they were not up to the level of skill they wish to be. SyndereN was never able to really show off his newest mTw Dota 2 squad on a big stage as mTw definitely shut down on January 27, 2013. After that, ex-mTw played under the moniker of Re-defining Madness. On February 26th, syndereN announced the disbandment of Re-defining Madness due to a lack of progress and lackluster performance, and the players went their own ways.
On May 1, 2013, syndereN joined mousesports, where he replaced the recently removed Alex. On December 19th, 2013, syndereN announced his retirement as a professional player to focus on his work as a commentator.
On December 2, 2015, syndereN announced his return to competitive play, with the creation of Steak Gaming.. After two months of weak performances, the team was disbanded. On the 29th of February, 2016, syndereN announced the formation of a new team, No Diggity, with Era, KheZu, qojqva, and YapzOr. The team was signed by Escape Gaming in June, shortly before the International 2016 European Qualifiers.
The team managed to get into the The International 2016, where they placed 13-16th. On November 6th KheZu leaves for Team Secret  and later on December 27th YapzOr leaves to create B)ears.. After Escape Gaming released the rest of the players on January 6th, syndereN locked a roster including remaning players from Escape (Era and qojqva) and old DotA veterans Trixi and H4nn1 with a cryptic name of January 25th.
As a caster
In addition to being a popular player, syndereN has also co-casted with Tobi Wan for The Defense Season 1 and 2, along with a few games at The International 2012. He is well liked for the insight he provides during the casts as well as his good chemistry with Tobi. Some of syndereN's most notable casts were for The Defense Season 1 finals when he flew to Germany to cast with Tobi Wan in person. In January 2014, syndereN joined DotaCinema as a caster under the title "Head of e-Sports". There, he formed a casting duo with the ex-HoN caster SUNSfan and proceeded to cast the DotaCinema organized tournament, XMG Captains Draft Invitational. The duo casted as part of the North American Hub for the The International 4 qualifiers. On June 6, 2014, Valve officially invited him to The International 4 as a personality.
SyndereN continued to cast games for 2014 and the first half of 2015, casting at ESL One New York, The Summit 3 and ESL One Frankfurt. After casting for The International 2015, syndereN joined MoonduckTV, and shifted more to the analyst role, acting as an analyst for the Frankfurt Major and Dreamleague. After acting as talent for the Shanghai Major, syndereN has taken a break from casting, focusing on competing under Escape Gaming for the remainder of 2016.
|2016-11-26||2nd||Major||DreamLeague Season 6||0 : 3||$45,000|
|2016-11-08||1st||Major||DreamLeague Season 6 League Play||10/-/4||Grp. S.||$10,000|
|2016-08-08||13 - 16th||Premier||The International 2016||0 : 1||$103,852|
|2016-05-21||4th||Major||DreamLeague Season 5||1 : 2||$10,000|
|2013-07-26||1st||Major||Corsair Gaming Summer Tournament 2013||3 : 1||$6,000|
|2013-07-21||2nd||Premier||The Premier League Season 5||0 : 3||$3,000|
|2013-07-17||2nd||Premier||RaidCall Dota 2 League Season 3||0 : 3||$3,000|
|2013-07-14||1st||Premier||RaidCall EMS One Summer Season||3 : 1||$12,000|
|2012-06-18||1st||Premier||DreamHack Summer 2012||2 : 1||$14,386|
|2011-11-26||1st||Major||DreamHack Winter 2011||2 : 1||$7,126.5|
|About achievementsComplete Results in any Tournament|
|2017-10-29||Premier||ESL One Hamburg 2017||Analyst|
|2017-08-12||Premier||The International 2017||Commentator|
|2017-04-30||Premier||The Kiev Major 2017||Commentator|
|2016-03-06||Premier||The Shanghai Major 2016||Commentator/Analyst|
|2015-11-21||Premier||The Frankfurt Major 2015||Analyst|
|2015-08-08||Premier||The International 2015||Commentator|
|2015-06-21||Premier||ESL One Frankfurt 2015||Commentator|
|2015-05-17||Premier||The Summit 3||Commentator|
|2014-07-21||Premier||The International 2014||Commentator|
|2012-09-02||Premier||The International 2012||Commentator|
|About achievementsBroadcasts from any Tournament|
- 2017-06-03 | Interview with syndereN: "I would remove techies. I don't think the hero belongs in DotA" by Dionysis "VampAurora" Bogdanos
- 2017-10-10 | syndereN: «I like that Necrophos, Venomancer, Viper actually exist» by Aleksandar «vandersar» Miloshevich
- 2016-08-08 | TI6 Escape Team Interview by Kaci Aitchison of Valve at The International 2016
- 2016-04-11 | Interview with Synderen after winning Epicenter Qualifications by Kim Larsson at EPICENTER
- 2015-05-1? | Synderen Interview by Hotbid (The Summit 3 by Gigabyte) by Hot_Bid of Beyond the Summit at The Summit 3
- 2015-04-26 | syndereN om Kina vs. Världen: "I need a bigger sample size" by André "rich" Åkerblom of Fragbite at Star Ladder Star Series 12
- 2015-04-26 | ESA - Interview with SyndereN at StarLadder12 by Andreea "Div" Esanu of eSports Addicts at Star Ladder Star Series 12
- 2014-06-19 | Insights from SyndereN: perspectives and predictions from the player-turned-commentator by Jesse "Terial" Sell of ESLGaming.com
- 2013-06-16 | mouz.Synderen Interview @ DreamHack Summer 2013 by Hotbid of Teamliquid.net at Dreamhack Summer 2013
- 2013-05-19 | syndereN: 'So proud of my team for pulling through!' by GosuGamers at The International 2013 West Qualifiers
- 2013-01-31 | Synderen Talks MTW, The International and More by WesternWolves
- 2012-10-31 | syndereN: 'These changes have been necessary' by GosuGamers
- 2012-06-12 | syndereN: 'Being unpredictable is going to be crucial' by GosuGamers
- 2011-11-25 | Dreamhack Winter 2011 - Day 2 Interview with syndereN by TobiWan of joinDOTA at DreamHack Winter 2011
- 2011-09-11 | Interviews with KuroKy, syndereN and Lacoste by DotA LighT
- Patrik "Raistlin" Hellstrand (2009-12-12). "Drayich returns as syndereN forms 'THE SHIT!'". GosuGamers.net. Retrieved 2013-05-15.
- "heikki" (2010-10-10). "Online Kingdom disbands". GosuGamers.com. Retrieved 2013-05-15.
- Vincent "em0_llama" Nunes (2010-03-06). "TheShit! is now OK". GosuGamers.com. Retrieved 2013-05-15.
- Kai "Treble1999" Chua (2011-12-07). "mTw acquire Wild Honey Badgers". GosuGamers.net. Retrieved 2014-07-14.
- "mymTw - All good things comes to an end"
- "Matrim and Tulex return to mTw"
- "mTw and Clan Poland not traveling to DreamHack"
- "mTw officially shuts down"
- Re-Defining Madness disbands
- SyndereN Joins Mouz
- SyndereN retires as a player
- Robinson, Zak (21 June 2016). Escape Sign No Diggity "Escape Gaming Sign “No Diggity”". escape.gg. Retrieved 31 July 2016.
- "Welcoming Maurice ‘KheZu’ Gutmann". Team Secret. 2016-11-06. Retrieved 2016-11-06.
- "YapzOr leaves escape". Twitter. 2016-12-27. Retrieved 2016-12-27.
- ZeroEmpires (6 January 2017). "Goodbye & Good Luck". escape.gg. Retrieved 6 January 2017.
- DevelOP3 (2017-01-25). "Announcement: The Return to DOTA 2.". Ninjas in Pyjamas. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- Ren "Ren" Vitug (2014-06-06). "UPDATED : Multiple EN casters and personalities confirm TI4 invite". GosuGamers.net. Retrieved 2014-07-15.