CN vs EU Season 2
(≃ $58,950 USD)
CN vs EU Season 2 is the 2nd season of NetEase China vs. Europe tournament.
Qualifiers were held separately in Europe and China to determine 8 players from each side, who will represent their region in the offline main event.
- NetEase studios, Hangzhou, China.
52,000 EUR (~58,950 USD) is spread among the players as seen below:
|Place||$ USD||€ EUR||Player||Team|
|2nd||$11,337||€ 10,000||Hawkeye||Elysium Gaming|
|3rd-4th||$5,668||€ 5,000||SleepyShaman||Yolo Miracle|
|Skylink||K1ck eSports Club|
Conversion values taken from xe.com on 2015-01-28. 1 EUR ≈1.13367 USD
| Ferrari CaliforniaT|
the picture is only for reference, award shall be subject to the actual sample.
|Place||$ USD||$ CNY||Player||Team|
|1st *||$ 162,000||¥ 3,088,000||-||-|
* if the 1st place is a Chinese player.
- Single Elimination Bracket
- Conquest format
|CN Region Qualified Players (8)|
|EU Region Qualified Players (8)|
- After Europe’s dominant performance in the first China vs. Europe season, NetEase CEO Ding Lei was not happy with the performance of the Chinese players, and so he vowed to bring the best out of them for season two. And he might have found just the right motivation: a Ferrari. Having felt that the €52,000 prize pool and honor of representing China wasn’t enough, CEO Ding decided to throw in a brand new luxury sports car should there be a Chinese winner.
- hearthstone.com.cn (2015-03-17). "Kolento starts his journey to China". hearthstone.com.cn.
- ESL (2015-01-25). "€52,000 and a Ferrari - introducing the China vs. Europe Hearthstone tournament". www.eslgaming.com.