GarmBot is a bot for Brood_War, written by the French student Aurélien Lermant. As of June 2015, it is a relatively new bot, but with comparatively strong macro and recuperation skills.
GarmBot is a macro-heavy bot. The main strategy is to take as many bases as possible, and produce a mass of units all over the map. The units don't fight as a group, but act individually and use hit-and-run tactics to compensate for being outnumbered. Eventually, with enough bases, the ressource/production advantage is so overwhelming that the enemy army is defeated by units attacking from everywhere.
GarmBot has good recuperations skills, as it is able to rebuild any destroyed base or tech building.
The following upgrades are researched:
- Spawning Pool: Metabolic Boost, Adrenal Glands.
- Hydralisk Den: Muscular Augments, Grooved Spines.
- Queen's Nest: Spawn Broodling.
- Defiler Mound: Plague.
- Hatchery: Burrow.
- Evolution Chamber: Zerg Melee Attacks (lvl 1-2-3), Zerg Missile Attacks (lvl 1-2-3), Zerg Carapace (lvl 1-2-3).
- Spire: Zerg Flyer Attacks (lvl 1-2-3), Zerg Flyer Carapace (lvl 1-2-3).
GarmBot also uses some spells:
- Zerglings, Hydralisks and Drones use Burrow when in danger.
- Queens use Spawn Broodling on enemy units, and Parasite on neutral critters.
- Defilers use Plague on enemy Battlecruisers and Carriers.
None so far.
GarmBot is based on a multi-agent system. This means there are no "global commands" for military units. Each units will take its own decisions.