2011 Global StarCraft II Team League Season 1
This GSTL used the same map pool as the previous GSTL, but was changed mid-season:
- Crevasse (removed on August 5th)
- Xel'Naga Caverns (removed on August 5th)
- Bel'Shir Beach
- Crossfire SE
- Dual Sight
- Tal'Darim Altar LE*
- Terminus SE*
- Xel'Naga Fortress
- Antiga Shipyard (added on August 5th)
- Daybreak (added on August 5th)
|For Our Utopia|
The new GSTL Format
- The new GSTL Full Group League will be played every Thursday and Friday.
- The 12 participating teams will be divided into two groups:
- Group A, the Jupiter League.
- Group B, the Venus League.
- Each team will go through a full league and the top 3 teams from each group will advance to the playoffs.
- Matches will be played in the usual King of the Hill team league format:
- GomTV selects the first map.
- Coaches will decide the order of players to compete as the game progresses.
- A player is able to achieve consecutive wins against the other team until he is defeated.
- When a player loses, the next player from the team takes his place and selects the map.
Casting will be split 50/50 between 2 casting teams:
- "Wolf" Schröder
- and guest casters:
|Place||$ USD||₩ KRW||Team|
|3rd-4th||-||-||Team SCV Life|
|New Star HoSeo|
|For Our Utopia|
* Approximate USD and EUR amounts taken from http://xe.com on June 15, 2011. [₩1000 KRW = $0.92 USD = €0.65 EUR]
There will also be a Best Coach Award of ₩5,000,000.
The Most Valuable Player of the winning team will be awarded the MVP Gold Card Award.
- FXO was the first foreigner team to compete in GSTL.
- Capital ship watch: Games where these units were a major factor in the outcome: