The 2012 MLG Pro Circuit Spring season is the second of four seasons of the new 2012 MLG Pro Circuit format.
The 2012 Spring Season will feature an open online qualifier, invite-only online qualifier, two Arena events and the season Championship in Anaheim, California.
Spring Season Format
Spring Championship Format
- 256 Players will play in the Open Bracket til Top 4.
- Top 4 from open bracket will join the 16 seeded players in the Championship Bracket pool play.
- The Open Bracket is a double-elimination (including the Losers Open Bracket), best of three bracket.
- Players that lose in the Open Bracket will be placed in the Losers Open Bracket.
- Top 4 Ranked players from Spring Arena 1 and top 12 Ranked players from Spring Arena 2 not already qualified from Spring Arena 1 will be seeded into upcoming events pool play.
- The 16 seeded players will be divided into four pools of four players each.
- The fifth and sixth player for each pool will be derived from the eight winners in the Open bracket.
- The 16 seeded players will face off against each other to determine pool standings with the Top 8 open bracket player having to face all other players in the pool depending on the standing beginning with the 4th Place player and ending with the 1st Place player.
- The results of Pool Play will dictate where each player is placed in the Championship Bracket.
- Pool Play Results
- 1st Place – Winners Bracket Semi-Finals
- 2nd Place - Losers Bracket Round 7
- 3rd Place – Losers Bracket Round 6
- 4th Place – Losers Bracket Round 5
- 5th Place – Losers Bracket Round 4
- If two players meet again for the second time, they will play an extended series, taking the previous best-of-three results into account.
- Best of 3 + Best of 3 = Best of 7
Example: Main base ramp. Placing two bunkers is not possible
MLG uses various maps created by a Blizzard and GSL and republishes them under an MLG tag with slight modifications:
- Neutral lowered Supply Depots are placed below the ramp of every spawning position.
- Close ground distance spawns are disabled.
- All high yield mineral patches on all maps have been replaced with regular minerals.
MLG Spring Season Map Pool:
- MLG Antiga Shipyard (Cross Spawns Only)
- MLG Cloud Kingdom
- MLG Daybreak
- MLG Entombed Valley (No Close 3rds by Ground Spawns)
- MLG Metropolis (No Close by Ground Spawns)
- MLG Shakuras Plateau (No Close by Ground Spawns)
- MLG Tal'darim Altar (All Spawns Allowed)