Han "Clide" Kyu Jong is a StarCraft II Terran player, former coach and Brood War player on the professional team MBCGame HERO. He was one of the first members alongside FruitDealer and Tester to be on TSL.
Wings of Liberty
As part of TSL, Clide participated in GOMTV's GSL Open Season 1. He advanced convincingly to the Round of 16 where he lost to HongUn 1-2 who Void Ray rushed in the final set. Clide was knocked out of Ro64 during season 2. When asked about this in an interview, he said, "It wasn’t a slump, but rather a breakdown. My mom was very ill so I could not focus. Last round of 64 matches were meant for me to lose. That’s how hard it was for me. Now, my mom has recovered, and my game play is recovering as well."
TSL was invited to the Brainbox Starcraft II Team Invitational. FruitDealer correctly predicted that he would not have to play in his team match because Clide, who was playing first for the team, would score an "All-Kill" (going 3-0) against the Zenith team. In the final GSL open season, Clide would be defeated by Leenock 1-2 in the Round of 64 where his play, despite losing, was quite impressive.
Due to his cumulative qualifications results, Clide has been named as one of the 32 S-Class players for the GSL 2011 tournaments. He was one of the 4 TSL members to do so.
In the January 2011 GSL tournament, Clide led his group in the Round of 32 with a 2-0, after defeating GSL 2 finalist MarineKing and LiveForever. He would lose in the following group stage in the Round of 16 after being defeated by NaDa and IdrA. In March 2011, Clide again led his group in Ro32 3-0, after defeating Zenio and ByuN, and getting a free win on IdrA, who withdrew from the tournament. He would face off against July in the Round of 16 and drop 1-2.
In the GSL May, Clide once again led his group 2-0, beating NesTea and San. He would go onto the Round of 16 where he lost to his teammate Killer 1-2. In GSL July, Clide advanced at the top of his group for the fourth time in a row, beating anypro and Ensnare. In the Round of 16 he was eliminated 1-2 by his ex-teammate TricKsteR in a close series. In August, Clide did not advance to the Round of 16. In the group stages, he was able to win his first match against SuperNova then lost the next two to Virus and HongUn.
Clide had a strong showing in GSL October where he made it to the quarterfinals for the first time, taking out Noblesse, Ensnare and Ryung. He faced MMA in the Round of 8 where he lost in a close series, 2-3.
After going 0-2 in the first round of GSL November, Clide dropped to Code A. There his first match was against Creator in the Round of 48, whom he beat. He would then lose to PartinG and end up placing fifth in his Up and Down Group, dropping into Code A for the first time.
It was announced on October 29 that Clide would participate in DreamHack Winter 2011. However, he did not participate, likely to focus on his Code A match.
|In Premier Team Leagues|
|2011-09-11||2011 GSTL Season 1||All Kill of MVP|
|Clide||Tal'Darim Altar LE||DongRaeGu|
|Complete Results in any Tournament|
- Clide all killing team MvP in GSTL Season 1
- Great TvZ series against Leenock from the GSL3, seen by many as the game of the tournament
- Clide is a favorite of English commentators Tasteless and Artosis, who praise his consistently great play, despite his lack of results in earlier GSL tournaments. Artosis even refers him as the Light of StarCraft II, "so amazing but never wins".
- Tasteless often exaggerates the vowel in Clide's ID, making "Cliiiiiide."
- In the 2011 LG Cinema 3D Global StarCraft II League May Group picking rounds he compares his style of play similar to that of Jinro, whom he refers to as "Cute".
- Clide and NaDa hold the record as the only players to have never fallen to Code A or played in the Up and Down Matches in the original GSL Code S format which spanned from January to October 2011. They both would go to Code A in GSL November 2011.
- Clide was the second person to defeat the almost-untouchable DongRaeGu in the GSTL. The first was MMA.
- Had notoriously long sideburns, leading Wolf to nickname him Clideburns during GSTL Season 1.
- 2010-11-15 | Interview after qualifying for GSL Open Season 3 by Fomos.kr