The Disruptor is a Construct unit with no auto attack, produced from the Robotics Facility after finishing the Robotics Bay. Originally built for channeling power from a starship reactor, this unit's design and animation while using it's ability reflect this. Once enabled it's "Purification Nova" (Nova for short), after a short delay for targeting, explodes and hits friendly and enemy units alike (Except friendly Disruptors).
The movement speed of Spellis slightly faster than the average speed of units without their movement upgrades, with other units can dodge or escape into the air. Similar to the High Templar and it's Psionic Storm ability this unit is best used with a Warp Prism (Ideally with Gravitic Drive), which can carry two.
Shoots out a ball of energy that detonates after 2 seconds or on contact with an enemy unit, dealing 145 splash damage and an additional 55 shield damage to nearby ground units and structures. The Disruptor is immobile while this is active. The Disruptor's visual glow is dulled a little bit during cool-down.
This ability damages friendly units, except other Disruptors.
It can be countered with skilled micromanagement. It is best used against relatively weak units such as workers.
- The Disruptor fills a similar role to the Colossus, but is not specialized against light units. However, Purification Nova will still one-shot any light ground unit. Colossi are capable of moving across cliffs and combo well with the Stalker's Blink ability for short range instant teleportation; however Colossi can be hit from the air and have a limited window of time to be useful and alive.
- Disruptors can be a follow-up to Colossi or a cheaper alternative, especially if opening Warp Prism (1) with Gravitic Drive for drop harassment.
- The Disruptor is very good when paired with the Mothership's time warp ability, preventing the enemy army from effectively retreating or splitting their army.
- Combinations with the Sentry's force field can prevent enemy units from escaping the Purification Nova as well.
- Immortals are sometimes used to handle Colossi numbers.
- Stalkers can use Blink to avoid damage from the Nova.
- Blinking Stalkers on top of enemy Purification Novas that have not yet fully left the enemy unit ball can net significant friendly fire.
- Used as an opening with Warp Prism (1 with Speed Upgraded) and as a hard counter to early Siege Tank pushes.
- As a follow-up after Colossi have been hard countered by Vikings.
The Disruptor is one of the best options to clear out Lurker lines when the player decides to commit to a robo-tech playstyle. Note that the Disruptor's effectiveness decreases immensely if the enemy is on creep, because the Zerg army can split up faster. With this said, a Zerg force of Roaches and Hydralisks trying to brute force their way through a Protoss SimCity off-creep is very vulnerable to getting destroyed by the Purification Nova.
- I live on.
- Consciousness awakened.
- Speak, and be heard.
- Your demands?
- We begin anew.
- Ancient glory reborn.
- I will listen and be patient.
- I shall receive your wisdom.
- Do you even possess wisdom?
- I thought I would be surrounded by the best and brightest if I became a Purifier. Instead, the future is full of idiots.
- Life as an artificial intelligence is really not so bad. You might even say... it's ballin'.
- I am completely operational, and all my circuits are functioning perfectly. Why would you suspect otherwise?
- Ow! Why was I programmed to feel pain?
- I was designed to be a pacifist. But I will admit... When I get charged up, I've been known to explode.
- Is this how the Templar treat all robotic life-forms? You would do well to remember, we will outlive you, and we do not forget.
- [SFX: Computer sound] Warning. Memory matrix corrupted... Reboot in progress. [SFX: Computer activation sound] Greetings, Executor! I am your new Disruptor. I look forward to learning from you.
- Eternal service.
- I comprehend.
- So be it.
- It is known.
- With honor.
- Dara de khassar.
- The Firstborn will triumph!
- A demonstration?
- Calibrating attack pattern.
- Deliver reinforcements!
- Our foes surround us.
| Patch 2.5.1 Balance Update #2
| Patch 2.5.2 Balance Update
- Damage increased from 145 to 145 +55shields
| Patch 2.5.3 Balance Update
- Cost reduced to 100/200.
- Supply reduced to 3.
- Purification Nova
- Range reduced to 1.5.
- After Purification Nova ends, the Disruptor is invulnerable for 3 seconds.
- Speed when invulnerable increased to 4.25.
- Can be picked up by Warp Prism during Purification Nova, canceling its effect.
| Patch 2.5.5
- Purification Nova removed.
- New ability: Disruptor shoots out a ball of energy that can be controlled and detonates after a few seconds, dealing 145 damage and 55 damage to shields.
- If the Disruptor is destroyed before the energy ball detonates, it will fail to explode.
- Build time reduced to 50 seconds from 60.
| Patch 2.5.5 Balance Update #2
- Disruptor cost changed from 100/200 to 150/150.
| Patch 2.5.5 Balance Update #4
- Disruptors can now be loaded into Warp Prisms while Purification Nova is active.
- This action will cancel Purification Nova, causing no damage.
| Patch 4.0.0 
- Purification Nova will detonate when in contact with an enemy unit.
- Damage remains at 145 (+55 shields).
- Damage radius remains at 1.5
- Detonation radius is 0.25.
- Will not trigger on enemy structures or changelings.
- Purification Nova cooldown reduced from 21.4 to 14.3 seconds.
| Patch 4.1.1 Balance Update
- Purification Nova has a 1 second charge-up time before launch.
| Patch 4.1.4 Balance Update 
- Purification Nova’s initial pause duration reduced from 1 second to 0 seconds.
- When Disruptors drop from transports, if Purification Nova is not on cooldown, then there will be a 0.7 second pause before being able to use Purification Nova.
- Range indicators will be displayed for Purification Nova when the Disruptor is selected.