Incredible Panic Team League Season 3
The incredible Panic Team League Season 3 is the third edition of the incredible Panic Team League, organized by incredible Panic. It will feature three divisions and a $1,500 prize pool. Ten teams faced each other for six seeds into the Playoffs in Division 1, while ten other teams placed in Division 2 competed for three seeds into the Up and Down matches. The victor in the Playoffs wins the League and $1000, plus some hardware prizes.
On October 31, 2011, a trailer was released on YouTube to introduce the 8 teams already qualified for Division 1. On November 8, 2011, additional details were given, including information about the qualification process. Virus Gaming, which disbanded on November 1, 2011, did not participate in Season 3. Therefore, an additional seed was available.
On March 19, 2012, a new map pool was announced to replace the old map pool used during Group Stage.
- First Qualifier
- The 64 teams participating to the first Qualifier are divided into 2 brackets, Group A and Group B.
- The teams losing their first round match are disqualified.
- From Round 2 to Round 5, losing teams go down to the Losers Grid bracket.
- The winners of each group bracket compete for a seed in Division 1.
- The loser of this match face the winner of the Losers Grid bracket, for a second seed in Division 1.
- Second Qualifier
- This season, a third seed in Division 1 is available through a second Qualifier.
- Ten teams have been picked from this Qualification stage to participate in Division 2: eight teams from the first Qualifier and two teams from the second Qualifier.
- Division 1 (10 teams)
- The top six teams qualify for the Division 1 Playoffs, and are automatically qualified for next season's Division 1.
- The teams 7-9 go to the Up and Down matches.
- The bottom team is qualified for Division 2 of season four.
- Division 2 (10 teams)
- Top team qualifies for next season's Division 1.
- The teams 2-4 are qualified for the Up and Down matches.
- The teams 5-6 are qualified for next season's Division 2 (they are able to participate in the qualifiers for Division 1).
- Russian Division (10 teams)
- The top six teams are qualified for the Russian Division Playoffs.
- A VPS server from timeweb is given to the winner of the Playoffs.
These three divisions used the round-robin schedule.
The qualified teams of Division 1 compete in a 6-team bracket:
- In Round 1, 4th place faces 5th place and 3rd place faces 6th place.
- 1st place faces the winner of the match between 4th and 5th place.
- 2nd place faces the winner of the match between 3rd and 6th place.
- Losers of the first round are eliminated.
- From Round 2, the bracket format is double-elimination.
The format is the same for the Division 1 Playoffs and the Russian Division Playoffs.
Up and Down matches
- The winners of the following matches qualify for next season's Division 1:
- Division 1 9th place vs. Division 2 2nd place
- Division 1 8th place vs. Division 2 3rd place
- Division 1 7th place vs. Division 2 4th place
- The losers qualify for next season's Division 2 (they will be able to participate in the qualifiers for Division 1).
Clan war format
Each clan war is played with the following format:
- Coaches pick 4 players before the matches.
- Organizers select the first map.
- A player is able to achieve consecutive wins against the other team until he is defeated.
- When a player loses, the next player from the team takes his place and selects the map.
The $1,500 prize pool will be spread among the teams as following.
Additionally, 3 Razer Arctosa and 2 Abyssus will be given to the victorious team.
|FXO.CIS||Team Empire||Alien Invasion|
- Virus Gaming disbanded on November 1, 2011 and did not participate.
- Team vioesports participated in the qualifiers as Team Sypher, but on December 23, 2011, it was announced that the StarCraft 2 division of Team Sypher left the team, but continued to play under the name "Team vioesports".
- eSahara could not play the league. They were replaced by BLAST, which placed third in the first Qualifier.
- Since Guild of imbalance and FXOpen parted ways in March 2012, the team Guild of Imbalance was replaced by FXOpen e-Sports just before Week 9. All of the players who represented Guild of Imbalance in the previous weeks have joined FXOpen e-Sports.
- [IPTL] incredible Panic League Season 3 announcement
- La fin de Virus Gaming (The End of Virus Gaming) esportsfrance.com, 5 November 2011. Translated version
- Анонс IPL Season 3 Russian division (Announcement of IPL Season 3 Russian Division) ip.pokerlite.ru, 27 December 2011. Translated version
- Новый map pool на play-off IPL3 (The new map pool for IPL3 Playoffs) ip.pokerlite.ru, 19 March 2012. Translated version
- [IPTL] Qualification is starting!
- [IPTL] incredible Panic League Season 3 2nd quali
- Team vioesports
- Изменения перед IPL3 (Changes to IPL3) ip.pokerlite.ru, 7 January 2012. Translated version
- Guild of Imbalance and FXOpen part ways TeamLiquid.net, 3 March 2012.