Lost Temple was the defining map of the early StarCraft era, and so it continued its existence throughout Warcraft III and finally arrived as a map in Wings of Liberty beta. It also hosted the fourth Blizzard Battlereport between David Kim (T) and Yean-Ho Lee (P). The map was removed from official Ladder play on February 25, 2011, as well as most popular competitions, it was replaced by The Shattered Temple.
Official Map Description
Your base is easy to defend with easily defended additional resources. Watch Towers overlook the central battlefield. Islands contain additional resources.
- Cliffs overlooking the natural expansions provide an effective drop point. In TvZ, an early Thor drop on the high ground can be particularly hard to counter.
- Two island expansions, at 10 and 4 o'clock.
- Destructible rocks block high-yield expansion CC/Nexus/Hatchery placement, so time and resources must be allocated to freeing that up prior to expanding.
- The high yield expansions can be sieged from the highground next to the natural expansions.
- The two Xel'Naga Towers between them reveal all of the main choke points on the map, making them an invaluable point of control.