Tomasz "Tarson" Boroń is a retired Terran player from Poland.
Tarson was a long time Brood War player with many accomplishments including qualifying for the Ro16 in the 2009 Pokerstrategy.com TSL.
After a slow start Tarson began to experience a very successful beta period starting toward the end of Phase 1. He began to place 2nd in many events and tournaments before finding what was needed to go that little extra further and begin winning tournaments. He became one of the most successful players by the end of the beta phase and this fact helped him to sign a contract with RAGE.eSports with a status of the main star of their new line-up.
Wings of Liberty
Tarson's first Launch result was a 3rd place finish in Go4SC2 ESL Cup #25. While not normally a notable result, this also qualified him for the IEM Season V - Global Challenge Cologne, the first major live StarCraft event in Europe. At the finals Tarson surprised many once again by his win over future tournament winner MorroW during group stage (this was the only match the Swedish player lost) and 4th overall position.
For his various successes in cups, he was picked up by the French Team Millenium on November 23, 2010. As Tarson still had contract obligations he had to pay a release clause for contract termination with his previous team, in other words buying-out his own contract.
On August 9, 2012, Tarson participated in the ZOTAC Cup Monthly Final July. Tarson took down Kalin, roof, and sC to advance into the finals to face Nerchio. After losing 3-1 to Nerchio however, Tarson had to settle for 2nd place.
- Plays Terran in Brood War as well as StarCraft II.
- Was penalized for leaking results of 2009 Pokerstrategy.com TSL round of 16.
- Known for always getting 4th place in tournaments. (see results)
- Is known for defending several massive attacks in a DreamHack Summer 2011 series against Moon, which led to the popularization of the phrase "Tarson Holds!"
- Is also known for the 'Tarson medal', which is awarded to player who let his Command Center or Orbital Command be destroyed by zerglings (possibly: roaches, ultralisks, or any other combination of units unable to attack air targets).
|In Premier Tournaments|
|2011-01-24||4th||IEM Season V - European Championships||1 : 3||DeMusliM||$1,200|
|2010-08-22||4th||IEM Season V - Global Challenge Cologne||1 : 3||DIMAGA||$900|
|In Major Tournaments|
|2011-08-07||4th||2011 European Battle.net Invitational||0 : 2||NaNiwa||€1,750|
|2011-06-12||4th||HomeStory Cup III||1 : 3||MC|
|Complete Results in any Tournament|
- 2011-08-22 | Interview with Tarson by Zatic of TeamLiquid.net at IEM Cologne 2011
- 2011-08-17 | Gamescom 2011: Interview with Tarson by TakeTV at Gamescom 2011
- 2011-08-08 | Tarson after his loss at the 2011 European Battle.net Invitational by Fragster.de at 2011 European Battle.net Invitational
- "The new Terran of Millenium is...". Millenium.org. November 23rd 2010. Translated version
- BigCrook (2012-12-10). "Tarson quitte Millenium". Millenium.org. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- mYinsanity.eu (2013-03-01). facebook.com. https://www.facebook.com/mYinsanity.eu/posts/495001830536215?comment_id=5378620¬if_t=share_comment. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- Post on mYinsanityEU's Twitter
- "Tarson Penalized For Leaking Results". TeamLiquid.net. February 10th 2010.
- Moon (Z) vs Tarson (T) G3 Dreamhack Summer Group E