Golden Championship Series 2017 Summer Season - Asian Qualifier 3
Third opportunity for asian players to compete at GCS 2017 Summer : the first part of the most important indivudual tournament in 2017 with one the biggest prize pool.
- Preliminary rounds (64 into 16) :
- group A-D : june 15th
- group E-H : june 16th,
- group I-L : june 17th,
- group M-P : june 18th,
- groupstage (16 into 8) :
- group A & B : June 22nd,
- group C & D : June 23rd,
- playoffs (8 into 3) : June 24th - 25th.
- players are divided into 16 groups of 4 players each,
- players face each other in best of 3,
- the winner qualifies for the groupstage.
16 players are divided into 4 groups of 4 players each :
- the groups are played as double elimination,
- all matches are best-of-three,
- top 2 qualify for the playoffs.
Playoffs consist in a double elimination bracket within winners of the 4 groups face the runner-ups :
- earlier rounds are best-of-three,
- Grand Final is a best-of-five,
- semi-final losers are crossed into losers' round 2.
- Top 3 will qualify for GCS Summer 2017,
- other players will have to re-qualify for Asian Qualifier #4.
CN¥ 3,000 (≃ $ 438.96) are divided among participants as follows :
|Place||$ USD||¥ CNY||Qualified||Player||Team|
according to xe.com conversion rate on 2017-06-25 (CN¥ 1 ≃ $ 0.14632).
|Human (4)||Orc (6)||Undead (1)||Night Elf (5)|
Whole tournament : youtube playlist link Wolverine's stream