From Liquipedia Age of Empires Wiki
Empire Wars (abbr. EW) is a game mode introduced in Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition where all players start with a small town, economy and tasked villagers. It is recommended to play this game mode with Feudal Age start but it works for every start as well.
- applies to all starting ages
- 27 Villagers
- 5 on gold
- 11 on wood (distributed among 3 Lumber Camps)
- 11 on food (5 on Farms and 6 on Berry Bushes)
- 1 Scout
- Loom researched
- Barracks and Blacksmith available, as well as gathering points for all resources
- Resources at the start: 200 wood, 200 food, 100 gold, and 200 stone
- To offset Mayan and Chinese bonuses, they don’t receive extra Villagers, but also don’t start with less resources than other civilizations.
- Players have fewer starting sheep and no wild boars.
- Some maps may have variations on the Empire Wars mode, to fit their different starting conditions.