Daniel "MembTV" Molina (born July 22, 1977) is a Spanish Age of Empires II caster and tournament host, who started his stream in 2013.
Notable Events as Talent
|Date||Tier||Tournament||Position||Others in same position|
|2022-10-29||S-Tier||Red Bull Wololo: Legacy 2022 Age of Empires II||Main English Commentator|
|2021-12-12||S-Tier||King of the Desert 4||Host, Main Commentator||None|
|2021-09-19||S-Tier||Red Bull Wololo V||Commentator|
|2021-07-25||S-Tier||The Open Classic||Guest Commentator|
|2021-07-25||S-Tier||The Open Classic||English Commentator|
|2021-03-21||S-Tier||Hidden Cup IV||English Commentator|
|2020-10-25||S-Tier||King of the Desert 3||Host, Main Commentator||None|
|2017-11-04||S-Tier||SY Nations Cup 3||Commentator|
|2015-03-29||S-Tier||War is Coming||Streamer|
|About achievementsBroadcasts from any Tournament|
- Memb is known for his "spanglish" pronounciation (f.e. "loberboys" or "estay tunis").
- Memb's casting style is often described as "hype casting" since he often becomes emotional and screams or uses effects.
- He is the brother of ChiCho.
- In September 2022, Memb ended his streak streaming on twitch every day for three years, he gave himself a week long holiday with his family.
Cultural impact within the community
Aside from his impact on the community as a tournament host, Memb has also had a marked cultural impact with the AoE II community. This notably by introducing certain expressions which, over time, have become idioms commonly shared within the community by other casters and players alike.
Examples of such idioms are:
- Titanic: reference to the sinking of the ocean liner Titanic used to describe a spectacularly bad game choice or execution by a player. Note: unlike in the actual case of the Titanic, the idiomatic titanic move will often not be game-ending or even game-deciding. Instead, several titanic moves may be made in one single game by several different players. A player making a titanic move may therefore still win the game.
- Big badaboom: typically used to describe a big mangonel/onager/siege onager shott taking out several units, also used for damage inflicted by other units doing area of effect damage (e.g. demolition ships).
- Total and brutal domination: typically used to describe a(ny) victory. Note: similarly to a titanic move, 'total and brutal domination' is often used in a hyperbolic sense to describe any winning performance, even where the winning player did not dominate the opponent in a particularly total or brutal way.
- Fast and unpredictable: used to describe a(ny) tactical move or choice by a player, even when that choice is part of the meta or where the move has not been executed in particularly swift way.