The Rus are highly skilled hunters, adept in the wild. Supported by their battle-ready cavalry, the Rus grow more powerful as they expand to new frontiers through the Ages.
In Age of Empires IV, the Rus civilization tells the story of a fledgling empire caught between powerful opponents over the years 882-1552 CE. Hardened by devastating invasions, political instability, and bitter winters, the Rus were built for survival. Masters of hunting, trade, and wooden construction, they would rebuild their realm as their leaders fought to birth a new empire under Moscow.
Age of Empires IV allows you to experience the Rus civilization through four Ages portraying distinct moments in history: in Age I, traditional Slavic with Norman and Norse influences; in Age II, the Rus’ Golden Age with Byzantine influence; in Age III, the fall of Mongol influence; and in Age IV, the rise of the Muscovy Duchy.
As skilled hunters, playing the Rus means the wilderness is yours to command. They reap key benefits from their surroundings, particularly in gathering resources to build up a strong economy quickly.
Enemies facing the Rus will find it difficult to disrupt their growth. They gain steady incomes of Gold from the Hunting Cabin, which acts as a standard mill, and the unique Bounty score when killing Gaia animals. With the Bounty system, players earn Gold when killing any animal on the map. This contributes to the player’s Bounty total – as it increases, food harvest and Hunting Cabins’ gold rate also increase.
The Rus’ powerful early game defense capabilities make them a commendable foe in early Ages. They have stronger Palisades in place of early access Walls, access to Knights starting in Age II, and Wooden Fortresses — improved Outposts — with unique technologies. Their unique Influence provides them with more Wood when Lumber Camps are built near Wooden Fortresses.
Battle-wise, the Rus are known for their mounted Warrior Monk that can buff surrounding units; and the Streltsy, a powerful gunpowder unit. The Rus civilization’s unique attributes provide a lively challenge to those eager to leverage its advantages. 
- Warrior Monk: The Warrior Monk is a military-minded support unit that improves combat capabilities of nearby units after it attacks. They can pick up Relics, convert enemy units, and capture Sacred Sites.
- Horse Archer: The Horse Archer is a unique ranged cavalry unit available in the Castle Age. They are highly mobile and effective against slower melee units.
- Streltsy: The Streltsy is a high damage, light gunpowder infantry unit with a stronger rate of fire when stationary. They employ a huge axe that is potent against melee attackers!
- 2021-10-23 | Age of Empires by
- Age of Empires. "Rus". Age of Empires. Retrieved 2021-08-26.