World Desert Championship
Games are played on maps representing existing deserts from all continents. Each map has a civilisation pool linked to the geographic region of that desert. In addition to the gameplay it is hosted to promote the work of map scripters and increase awareness of human-caused water scarceness.
- French Commentator:
- TheSniper_AOE (Mohamed)
All games are played as a mix of 1v1 and 3v3 on a set of custom maps.
- Qualification Stage:
- Single Elimination
- Round 1 played as Bo3
- Round 2 played as Bo5
- Final Stage:
- 6 highest-rated teams and the 10 winners from the Qualifier
- Ro16 and Ro8 played as Bo5
- Semi final and Grand final played as Bo7.
- Each map has a pool of 7 civilisations
$6,600 USD are spread among the teams as seen below:
- There was a $300 Map Creation Contest