Liquipedia:How to Contribute
Liquipedia aims to be the definitive source for all things PUBG. This site is a wiki, which means that it is user-driven and dependent on your contributions. We welcome any and all contributions; the information on this page is to help you get started.
Formatting and Good English
We have an easy-to-follow template for almost every type of page. Check the List of Templates page for a list of almost any type of page you want to make or wiki-template you want to use! All coding is done for you. If you need some extra code done, just find us in IRC at #liquipedia on QuakeNet.
There is always room to improve the spelling, grammar, and tone of most of our articles. Even without much factual knowledge, you can help us improve the quality of articles on this wiki.
We try to enforce a style guide with the intent of giving the wiki a more unified look. Treat it as a guideline, as other people can always clean up your work later.
Factual Content: Leagues, Legends, Players, Teams
Please note that inclusion of pages in mainspace is ultimately up to the discretion of the Liquipedia staff.
Sadly, not everything can be added to the wiki. We want all our pages to be as up-to-date as possible and to meet our quality standards in general. That is made harder the more pages are created, not to mention additional factors, such as the fact that lower ranked teams tend to not have social media where they announce transfers, and so on.
Now, these are not non-negotiable. This wiki contains coverage of certain teams, players and scenes that do not actually meet our guidelines, yet we allow them because there is an active volunteer(s) that keeps those pages of high-quality. This however does not mean that we will allow you to create a page for your team just because you say you will keep it up to date. On the other hand, if you were to be highly interested in, say, keeping the Spanish national scene up to date, then go ahead! In the cases where this is not the case however, all of this means we have to prioritise: we try to keep our coverage to just the top and the sub-top tier of competitive Apex Legends as defined by the guidelines below. Any pages that do not meet these guidelines will not be deleted, but will be moved to your user space.
If you disagree with the decision for a certain page, please do come chat in our Discord.
Who and what to add?
If the player fulfills 2 of the following:
- Previous history: If the player was a pro-gamer in another game (Warcraft III, StarCraft: Brood War, StarCraft 2, ...)
- Achievements: If the player has earned at least $2,500 in tournaments, or stands in the top of the regional ALGS leaderboards.
- Sponsored: If the player is a notable member of a major team.
- Liquipedia Links: If the player has accrued five or more links from tournaments, or shows. (Discount any link that are related to the player's team and their pages, open qualifiers and events of tier Minor or below)
A player page is warranted.
To create a new player page, follow the Player Template.
To create a team page or not to create?
If the team fulfills two of the following:
- Famous organisation: The team is a well-established esports organisation;
- Famous players: Multiple players with international achievements, or with Liquipedia pages;
- Good results: Multiple achievements in team leagues with a Liquipedia page, or stands in the top of the regional ALGS leaderboards.
A team page is warranted.
To create a new team page, you can use our Team page tutorial.
Leagues and tournaments with a cash prize of at least $1,000 should be added right away for documentary purposes.
To create a new tournament page, you can follow our Tournament tutorial.
We try to accumulate as much information about Legends as possible. Legends pages include their information and skills.
Completely optional, but make your userpage a good indication of who you are! Feel free to be friendly or use some Userboxes to spruce things up. You can access your userboxes at your username shown top right. The drop down will show User option to access the Userbox.