2021 Honor of Kings World Champion Cup
QGhappy Sunac Esports Center
Quarter-Finals & Semi-Finals:
VSPN KPL Esports Studio
National Olympic Sports Center
Single Round Robin
Single Elimination Bracket
(≃ $7,742,068 USD)
The 2021 Honor of Kings World Champion Cup is the sixth Honor of Kings Champion Cup series tournament since the tournament has taken place in 2016, organized by Tencent and VSPN. On January 23rd, 2021, Tencent's road map has revealed that the prize pool of 2021 Honor of Kings World Champion Cup will be risen up from ¥ 32,000,000 CNY to ¥ 50,000,000 CNY.
On May 20th, 2021, from Beijing Esports conference, it has revealed that Grand Final match will be taken place on August 28th, 2021 in Beijing at National Olympic Sports Center where the 11th Asian Games was held in 1990.
Due to the new epidemic of COVID-19 in China, the official has announced that from the first week of the Group Stage in Nanjing will be moved to Chongqing. As of August 2nd, 2021, the official has announced the new statement for the second week of Group Stage in Chongqing that will go on without the audience. While the Quarterfinals and Semifinals, which will be normally taken place in Qingdao and Wuhan, will move to Online Format. The announcement has not include the Grand Finals, which will be taken place in Beijing.
On August 28th 2021, Arena of Valor and Honor of Kings announced esports convergence by merging both scenes together, with the AWC 2022 will be shared as one single world championship for both games. As a result, this will be the last edition of the Honor of Kings World Champion Cup.
- Group Stage
Week 1: July 28th - August 1st, 2021
Week 2: August 4th - 8th, 2021 in Chongqing, QGhappy Sunac Esports Center
- All twelve teams are divided into two groups where they play in a Single Round Robin format.
- All 30 matches are played within 2 weeks in a Bo5 with Global Ban-Pick
- Top four teams in each group advance to the Knockout Stage
- Bottom two teams in each group are eliminated
- Knockout Stage will be played through 2 cities
Quarterfinals: August 12th - 15th, 2021 in Shanghai, VSPN KPL Esports Studio
Semifinals: August 21st - 22nd, 2021 in Shanghai, VSPN KPL Esports Studio
Grand Final: August 28th, 2021 in Beijing, National Olympic Sports Center
- Single-elimination Bracket
- All matches are played in a Bo7 with Global Ban-Pick and
In Honor of Kings Pro League: Fall 2018, the playoffs round has set the new rules for drafting and using heroes, which is called Global Ban-Pick (also use in AOV Tournament, started in AOG Spring 2019). But their is a special rules which is not same as AOV tournament in the Game 7, called Ultimate Battle.
- The Ultimate battle will start if there is a tied series in Game 6 after the crystal has been destroyed (3:3).
- After the crystal been destroyed, the referee will allow the coach, analyst or the other staffs in each team to draft the heroes in Game 7 for 3 minutes. After the time is out, the coach must submit the hero lineups and challenger spells to the referee, and then coach must leave the stage. There will be a penalty if the players don't use the same heroes and challenger spells as the coach submit.
- The time will be start counting when the coach come to the stage, and the referee will give a signal for the countdown at 1 minute, 30 seconds, and 10 seconds.
- Each team's hero lineups will not be visible for the opponent team.
The prize pool of the tournament is ¥ 50,000,000 CNY (≈ 7,680,730 USD). The Final MVP player will get their own FMVP Series Skin.
|Place||$ USD||¥ CNY||Team|
|Mighty Tiger Gaming|
|AG Super Play|
|9th-12th||$154,841||¥1,000,000||WanZhen Esports Club|
|Ghost Owl Gaming|
|KPL Spring Champion||2021-03-11 – 2021-06-26||1||1||Hero JiuJing||南京Hero|
|Champion Cup Points||2020-09-16 – 2021-06-26||1||2||AG Super Play||成都AG|
|Champion Cup Points||2020-09-16 – 2021-06-26||2||2||Douyu Gaming||深圳DYG|
|Phase 1 Qualifier||2021-07-05 – 2021-07-06||2||4||Ghost Owl Gaming||GOG|
|Phase 1 Qualifier||2021-07-05 – 2021-07-06||2||4||QG Happy||重庆QG|
|Phase 1 Qualifier||2021-07-05 – 2021-07-06||2||4||TOP Esports||长沙TES|
|Phase 1 Qualifier||2021-07-05 – 2021-07-06||2||4||eStar Pro||武汉eStar|
|Phase 2 Qualifier||2021-07-08 – 2021-07-11||2||5||Gank Gaming||佛山GK|
|Phase 2 Qualifier||2021-07-08 – 2021-07-11||2||5||Talent Gaming||广州TTG|
|Phase 2 Qualifier||2021-07-08 – 2021-07-11||2||5||Mighty Tiger Gaming||MTG|
|Phase 2 Qualifier||2021-07-08 – 2021-07-11||2||5||WanZhen Esports Club||东莞Wz|
|Phase 2 Qualifier||2021-07-08 – 2021-07-11||2||5||Rogue Warriors||RW侠|
Champion Cup Points
Phase 1 Qualifier
Phase 2 Qualifier
|#||Country / Region||Representation||Players|
|1||China||65 / 66 (98%)||1dao, AGai, An, Aohan, Aze, BaiShou, Buran, Cbuqi, Chenfeng, Chuchen, Cyq, Djie, Dragon, Fanfan, Fly, Giao, HuaChen, HuaHai, HuaJuan, Huayun, Ice, JiuK, JiuLong, Jiuyu, JueKing, LanL, Lanmao, LingDang, Mac, MengLan, Mf, Ming, MingGuo, Msir, Mufeng, Ninetails, NoFear, PengP, QC, QF, QingF, QingQ, QingRong, Roc, Sumo, Wendy, WuMing, Wuxin, Xi'ao'xin, XiangJun, XiaoDun, XiaoJ, XiaoPang, XiaoPeng, XiaoYe, XiaoYing, XingHen, XingY, Xxy, Xy, YZ, Yinuo, Yitong, ZiYang, Zimo|
|2||Hong Kong||1 / 66 (2%)||DAT|
- KPL Official (2021-05-20). "Beijing Esports Conference, the official announcement for KCC Finals (Translate)" (in ). Sina Weibo.
- KPL Official (2021-08-02). "Week 1 of KCC Group Stage will be moved from Nanjing to Chongqing (Translate)" (in ). Sina Weibo.
- KPL Official (2021-08-02). "Announcement for KCC 2021 Group Stage and Quarter-Semi Finals (Translate)" (in ). Sina Weibo.