Please note that inclusion of pages in mainspace is ultimately up to the discretion of the Liquipedia staff.
Sadly, not everything can be added to the wiki. We want all our pages to be as up-to-date as possible and to meet our quality standards in general. That is made harder the more pages are created, not to mention additional factors, such as the fact that lower ranked teams tend to not have social media where they announce transfers, and so on.
Now, these are not non-negotiable. This wiki contains coverage of certain teams, players and scenes that do not actually meet our guidelines, yet we allow them because there is an active volunteer(s) that keeps those pages of high-quality. This however does not mean that we will allow you to create a page for your team just because you say you will keep it up to date. On the other hand, if you were to be highly interested in, say, keeping the Spanish national scene up to date, then go ahead! In the cases where this is not the case however, all of this means we have to prioritise: we try to keep our coverage to just the top and the sub-top tier of competitive Call of Duty as defined by the guidelines below. Any pages that do not meet these guidelines will not be deleted, but will be moved to your user space.
If you disagree with the decision for a certain page, please feel free to come chat in our Discord.
When is a Player/Coach/Team page deserved?
Teams and players will need 10 points to be considered for page creation. They will receive points for tournament placements as follows:
- 10 points for a top 4 finish in Tier 1 tournaments.
- 5 points for a top 4 finish in Tier 2 tournaments or a top 8 finish in Tier 1 tournaments.
- 2 points for a top 2 finish in Tier 3 tournaments or a top 8 finish in Tier 2 tournaments.
Page creation will ultimately be always at staff discretion.
To create a new player page, you can follow our Player Template.
- Any participants in the Call of Duty World League (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019.)
- Any participants in the Call of Duty League (2020 onwards.)
- Any particiapnts in the Call of Duty Mobile World Championship.
Who and what to add?
Players may receive their individual pages, as long as they surpass a certain threshold of notability. Check the bullet points below. If your chosen player fits at least one of these, then they are likely notable to warrant a page on this wiki.
- Achievements: If the player has achieved notable results, according to the broad guidelines in When is a page deserved?, and has minimum earnings of $500 USD;
- Sponsored: If the player is a notable member of a major organisation.
To create a new player page, follow the Player Template.
Teams may receive pages when they surpass a certain threshold of notability. Check the bullet points below. Please note that notable results will generally be the primary determinant of notability, however if your chosen team fits one of these, then they may be notable to warrant a page on this wiki.
- Notable Results: The team has notable results, as defined in When is a page deserved?, and minimum earnings of $1500 USD;
- Well-Established Organization: The team is a well-established esports organization with highly notable results in other esports, preferably with pages on the other Liquipedia wikis as well;
To create a new team page, you can use our Team page tutorial.
When not to create
- No website/social media.
- A start-up team with no history and no organization.
- A team in the process of having the requirements.
- A new team, made of subjectively known players that do not have a page on Liquipedia (e.g. an Open Division team made of known players with no results and no Liquipedia pages)
To create a new team page, you can follow our Team Template.
- Coach pages are subject to the same conditions as player pages. Please refer to the Players section.
- Other team staff, such as managers or analysts can be mentioned in their team's organization table, but do not presently warrant a separate Liquipedia page. Our reasoning is that:
- Organizations do not frequently advertise changes for these positions,
- They are rarely linked to or referenced in most Wiki applications, and
- Liquipedia tries to focus on the players more-so than the business-related staff.
' 'Note: This is the first of our new set of notability guidelines and minor changes may be needed as we fine-tune them to our specific needs.
|Tier 1 (CWL/CDL)||Offline||25 pts|
|Ter 1||Offline||15 pts|
|Tier 2||Offline||5 pts|
|Tier 3||Offline||3 pts|
|Remote Work in an Offline Event||50%|
|Existing Pages||No Requirement|
|New Pages||20 pts|
The tables on the left show how the points requirements to meet notability are calculated. Please keep in mind that they are only a guideline and that admin decisions are final until circumstances (new events broadcast or missing events added) change.
If the broadcast talent in question also has results as a player or coach, they will also be taken into consideration when notability is being determined.
Any pages existing prior to these new guidelines or any subsequent changes to them will not need to retroactively meet the new standards; they will be left untouched.
Leagues and tournaments with a minimum cash prize of $250 must be added immediately for documentation purposes on Liquipedia. Any others can be added but they will not be kept up to date by other Liquipedia users.
Hardware, peripherals and other prizes of this type are not presently accepted as part of the cash prize.
For Mobile Tournaments
India and South Asia requires minimum cash prize of 20,000 INR
Europe, North America and all West Regions requires minimum cash prize of $150
Southeast Asia and all other East Regions applies the same to EU/NA
To create a new tournament page, you can follow our Tournament Template.
We try to accumulate as much information about maps as possible. Please try to include information relating to a map within its unique page.
Completely optional, but make your user page a good indication of who you are! Feel free to be friendly or use some Userboxes to spruce things up. No other Liquipedia users will update your user page should it become out of date.