Powerful and reliable, the AK-47 is one of the most popular assault rifles in the world. It is most deadly in short, controlled bursts of fire.Inventory description ()
The AK-47 is a selective-fire, gas-operated 7.62×39mm assault rifle, first developed in the USSR by Mikhail Kalashnikov. Officially known as Avtomat Kalashnikova (Russian: Автомат Калашникова), it is also known as a 'Kalashnikov,' an "AK". The in-game model in CS:GO is actually an AKM, an upgraded version of the AK-47 developed in the 1950's. The AK has been a staple of the CS series since its inception in the late 90s and is always represented as a powerful assault rifle with exceptional first shot accuracy, high recoil, and one-shot kill potential. Being the workhorse of insurgent forces it is only available for purchase by the Terrorists, with Counter-Terrorists being able to acquire one only by looting dead terrorists.
The AK-47 is the staple of the Terrorist arsenal. Capable of killing enemies with one shot to the head at most ranges, the AK is both powerful and relatively inexpensive at $2700, $400 cheaper than the CT equivalents, (See M4A4 and M4A1-S). However, it is very difficult for new players to use due to its high recoil. See ways to mitigate this, as well as other firing techniques, below.
- Spray Control - The first 10 rounds fired from a stationary AK-47 follow a predictable vertical pattern, which players can observe if they fire 10 rounds into a wall before releasing mouse 1. Players can learn to counter this pattern by pulling their crosshair down to compensate for the recoil (see below). Be aware that moving while firing in CS:GO makes the AK and other rifles so inaccurate that they are essentially unusable in most situations, meaning players should only practice spray control (or attempt to fire the AK in general) while standing still. That said, this is an extremely powerful technique that players learning CS:GO should put high on their priority list.
- 1 Round Burst (tapping) - Increases survivability by maximizing player movement. Players skilled in utilizing this firing mode can quickly squeeze off single rounds with perfect accuracy and a high rate of movement. This is accomplished by strafing in one direction, tapping the other direction to stop movement, and then tapping mouse 1. Note that the player must be stationary when mouse 1 is tapped or the shot will be significantly off the crosshair. Tapping is useful at long ranges due its accuracy.
- 2 Round Burst - In both 1.6 and GO, the AK can be fired using 2-round bursts while employing lateral movement between shots. This technique maximizes movement while maintaining good control over recoil at all ranges. This firing method is better than tapping in most situations because it's still very accurate but allows you to put more rounds on target. At medium to close ranges, however, good spray control is accurate enough to make this technique unnecessarily slow.
- AK-47 Tutorial - shooting techniques review CSGOWorld: AK-47 Weapon Guide
- CS:GO Tips and Tricks: How to Control AK-47 Recoil - Spraying, Bursting, Tapping - ESEANews.com ESEA: AK-47 Weapon Guide
- CS:GO AK-47 VS. M4A4 - Which Gun is Better for Competitive Gameplay? - Analysis by CAKEbuilder ESEA: AK-47 vs. M4A4 Comparison
- CS:GO AK47 Weapon Guide (Counter Strike: Global Offensive) Hatton Games: AK-47 Weapon Guide
- AK47 Tutorial CS:GO WarOwl: AK-47 Weapon Guide