This version of the map has a few visual improvements but not much has changed. The hay stacks and the fish ponds still make an appearance but nuclear containment barrels have also been added. The skybox has also changed, similar to Counter-Strike 1.0. On October 10th, 2016, the map received a major texture and graphic overhaul, as well as reopening the exit for T spawn originally from source, as well as other minor layout changes. The Counter-Terrorist forces are revealed as SAS, while the Terrorist forces are known as the Separatists.
Terrorists are attempting to blow up two critical gas pipelines through part of a small village. Counter-Terrorists: Prevent the terrorists from destroying the pipelines.
Terrorists: Destroy the two gas pipelines.
Other Notes: There are 2 bomb sites in this mission.
- January 16th, 2003
- A new version of de_inferno was introduced in the beta for Counter-Strike Version 1.6. 
- January 31st, 2003
- The map was updated again during the Counter-Strike Version 1.6 Beta period. 
- June 02, 2004
- Inferno received an official upgrade in Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, named de_inferno_cz, where it was made into a night map. 
- May 12, 2005
- Inferno introduced to Counter-Strike: Source. 
- October 10, 2016
- Inferno has received a re-skin in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive after being showcased in a Pre-release beta. 
Common Spot Names & Call-Outs
2016 Re-skin Radar
2018 Panorama Radar
- . Valve. http://www.steampowered.com/platform/update_history/Counter-Strike.html. Retrieved 2015-06-15.
- The GO Show. "Map Call Spots", thegoshow.tv