From Liquipedia Counter-Strike Wiki
Quiet and always available, the knife has a fast, low-damage primary attack and a slow, high-damage secondary attack. A backstab will earn quiet players an instant kill.Inventory description ()
The knife is a short-range melee weapon. It is given to all players on both teams, has its own weapon slot, and can not be dropped. The knife has two attacks: a primary attack and a secondary attack.
Comparison of Attacks
- Lower damage
- Faster rate of fire
- Farther range
- Consecutive hits deal reduced damage
- Higher damage
- Lower rate of fire
- Shorter range
- One-hit kill if it hits an enemy's back
- Armour does reduce the damage of both knife attacks. However, it can not prevent lethal damage from a secondary attack in the back.
- The knife does the same amount of damage on every body part except the back. Both attacks do significantly increase damage on the back with the secondary attack being lethal.
- When wielded, the knife allows for the fastest movement speed out of any other weapon.
- Two primary attacks and one secondary attack can deal fatal damage and can be executed faster than two secondary attacks.
- The knife is a fairly quiet weapon. A kill will most likely not be heard by enemies outside of the immediate area.
- The knife gives $1500 per kill. If the opportunity appears, a knife kill can be worth it, especially if one's team has a bad economy.