Ninjas in Pyjamas
Ninjas in Pyjamas (often abbreviated to NiP and NIP) is a Swedish esports organization founded in 2000. The team competed in Counter-Strike until their dissolution in 2007. In 2012, the team returned with a now heavily renowned Counter-Strike: Global Offensive squad. The squad was revamped following the departure of longtime duo Christopher "GeT_RiGhT" Alesund and Patrik "f0rest" Lindberg after the end of the StarLadder Berlin Major and the re-signing of Björn "THREAT" Pers as head coach, who redirected the organization's resources into acquiring prominent young talent such as Tim "nawwk" Jonasson and Hampus "hampus" Poser.
|calc||Jonas Gundersen||COO||2020-01-01 |
|Jed||Robin Jedhammar||Team Manager||2019-02-15|
|David McGowan||Performance Manager||2021-02-02 |
|JAEGARN||Fredrik Andersson||Assistant Coach||2021-02-02 |
|mahone||Danny Hsieh||Analyst||2020-11-13 |
|ID||Name||Position||Join Date||Leave Date||New Organization|
|THREAT||Björn Pers||Assistant Coach||2019-10-18 ||2020-01-06 ||Ninjas in Pyjamas (Coach)|
|Jens Hofer||Sports Psychologist||2017-??-??||2019-01-28 ||Fnatic (Sports Psychologist)|
|Patric Jönsson||Interim CEO||2015-??-??||2016-??-??|
- NiP was a founding member of the, now defunct, G7 Teams. 
- GeT_RiGhT had played for the team in both Counter-Strike and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
- From September 2012 to April 2013, NiP went on a record-setting streak of 87-0 in LAN tournament map wins that was only stopped by then Virtus.pro containing kUcheR, AdreN, ANGE1, Dosia, Fox.
- Before ESL One: Cologne 2015, NiP had made five straight Global Offensive major finals (DreamHack Winter 2013, EMS One: Katowice 2014, ESL One: Cologne 2014, DreamHack Winter 2014 and ESL One: Katowice 2015).
- NiP has placed top 4 and above consecutively since their inception for every single LAN tournament they attended till the ESEA Invite Season 16 Global Finals.
- The initial Global Offensive lineup consisted of three Counter-Strike players (f0rest, GeT_RiGhT and Xizt) and two Counter-Strike: Source players (Fifflaren and friberg). They are noted for their humour at times such as crab walking with Dual Berettas in an official match, buying Negevs and their "military style" communication during the warm-up phase of a match.
- Had a strong rivalry with VeryGames and then later on Titan.
- They also had a strong rivalry with Fnatic, previously first appearing when they played under Epsilon Esports.
- NiP at times have unexpected tournament runs and wins over opponents that under normal circumstances they would lose to, such runs have been coined by the analyst Duncan "Thorin" Shields and later collectively adopted by the community as "NiP Magic".
- At ESL One: Cologne 2016 they failed to make it out of the group stage at a Major for the first time after losing to FlipSid3 Tactics.
- NiP are the first team in CS:GO to win a large tournament with a stand-in (Maikelele at SL i-League StarSeries Season 2). SK Gaming later overtook prize money won from winning an event with a stand-in, with boltz at EPICENTER 2017 - winning $120,000 more than NiP did from their tournament win.
- NiP attended every CS:GO Major until ELEAGUE Major: Atlanta 2017. They were required to qualify after being knocked out in the group stage at ESL One: Cologne 2016 but were eliminated in shocking fashion by Vega Squadron.
- They have their own team song, "Standing When It All Falls Down" by John De Sohn. 
- NiP are the only team to have won IEM Oakland events - defeating SK Gaming 2-1 in 2016 and FaZe Clan 3-2 in 2017.
- Stentrollet (2005-01-01). "SK.swe kommer tillbaka som Ninjas in Pyjamas *". Fragbite.
- velox (2005-02-24). "vilden går till NiP". Fragbite.
- velox (2005-05-26). "Massavhopp från NiP". Fragbite.
- samot (2005-05-28). "NiP rekryterar walle som ersätts av iLight i mTw". Fragbite.
- velox (2005-06-15). "NiP presenterar sitt nya lag". Fragbite.
- Fajri (2006-03-06). "RobbaN hoppar in för inaktive Potti i NiP". Fragbite.
- velox (2006-08-14). "RobbaN fullvärdig medlem i NiP – SpawN spelar ikväll". Fragbite.
- HANCU (2007-01-08). "NiP Without RobbaN and SpawN". HLTV.
- Ecto (2007-01-13). "coL release their 2007 roster!". HLTV.
- Gazza (2007-01-17). "NiP announce new lineup". HLTV.
- atticus (2007-03-14). "face and tentpole join NiP". HLTV.
- Nix0n (2007-08-14). "New Ninjas in NiP". HLTV.
- Nix0n (2012-08-10). "NiP returns for CS:GO". HLTV.
- lurppis (2014-08-13). "NiP add pita as a strategy adviser". HLTV.
- lurppis (2014-08-17). "NiP win ESL One Cologne 2014". HLTV.
- MIRAA (2014-11-03). "Fifflaren leaves NiP". HLTV.
- MIRAA (2014-11-04). "Maikelele joins NiP". HLTV.
- MIRAA (2015-02-24). "Official: NiP sign allu". HLTV.
- MIRAA (2015-03-18). "Maikelele joins LGB". HLTV.
- MIRAA (2015-04-27). "natu joins NiP as coach". HLTV.
- MIRAA (2015-08-28). "NiP release natu". HLTV.
- Tgwri1s (2015-12-07). "allu announces NiP departure". HLTV.
- "Ninjas in Pyjamas presents: Ninja #3". Ninjas in Pyjamas. 2015-12-29.
- PRIESt (2016-01-01). "Ninjas in Pyjamas presents: Ninja #6". Ninjas in Pyjamas.
- BengaCS (2016-08-17). "disco doplan to stand in for NiP". HLTV.
- MIRAA (2016-11-06). "NiP announce pyth return". HLTV.
- PRIESt (2017-03-13). "Annoucement: Ninjas in Pyjamas CS:GO Roster Change". Ninjas in Pyjamas.
- pyth (2017-05-19). "As of today my contract with NiP has expired".
- Kameeleon (2017-06-12). "Announcement: Changes to NiP CS:GO". Ninjas in Pyjamas.
- friberg (2017-07-31). "The last couple of weeks I've been thinking a lot what I want to do, keep on playing or try something else.".
- Professeur (2018-02-01). "THREAT steps down from NiP; pita joins". HLTV.
- Matt Litherland (2018-02-13). "Annoucement: Roster change Ninjas in Pyjamas". Ninjas in Pyjamas.
- "An announcement from FaZe CS:GO: #FaZeUp". FaZe Clan. 2018-04-01.
- Kameeleon (2018-06-05). "Lekr0 Arrives to Ninjas in Pyjamas!". Ninjas in Pyjamas.
- "CSGO - Welcome Draken; Thank you Golden". Fnatic. 2018-06-17.
- Kameeleon (2019-03-11). "Ninjas in Pyjamas Roster update". Ninjas in Pyjamas.
- Kameeleon (2019-04-10). "Dennis Returns To The Active Roster". Ninjas in Pyjamas.
- Kameeleon (2019-06-19). "NiP welcomes new blood to the CS:GO roster". Ninjas in Pyjamas.
- Team GamerLegion (2019-07-05). "Announcement regarding our CSGO Roster".
- draken (2019-07-15). "We are also looking for an organisation to represent in the future and my NiP contract just expired so we are all free agents aswell.".
- "A new chapter for GeT_RiGhT: CSGO Roster Update". Ninjas in Pyjamas. 2019-09-26.
- "Plot twist: we recruit an AWP:er - CS:GO Roster Update". Ninjas in Pyjamas. 2019-09-27.
- "Welcome Back - THREAT". Ninjas in Pyjamas. 2019-10-18.
- "A Coaching Staff Update for CS:GO Team". Ninjas in Pyjamas. 2020-01-06.
- "CS:GO Roster Update: Goodbye f0rest". Ninjas in Pyjamas. 2020-01-21.
- sapphiRe (2020-01-21). "A New Dynasty | Welcome DIG CS:GO". Dignitas.
- "Hampus replaces Lekr0 on the active CS:GO roster". Ninjas in Pyjamas. 2020-05-19.
- "North takes a vital step on the Scandinavian journey – welcome Lekr0". North. 2020-08-21.
- "PLAYER HEALTH ALWAYS COMES FIRST - NAWWK ON MEDICAL LEAVE". Ninjas in Pyjamas. 2020-09-16.
- "NAWWK’S BACK!". Ninjas in Pyjamas. 2020-10-10.
- "Welcome to Danny “mahone” Hsieh, who is joining NiP as our new CS:GO analyst". Ninjas in Pyjamas. 2020-11-13.
- "CS:GO Roster Update". Ninjas in Pyjamas. 2021-02-02.
- twist (2021-02-09). "Officially a free agent thanks @NIPGaming for everything".
- Striker (2016-08-30). "Maikelele to stand-in for NiP *". HLTV.
- Graham Ashton (2020-01-02). "Ninjas in Pyjamas Appoints New COO, Establishes Stockholm Headquarters". The Esports Observer.
- Ninjas in Pyjamas (2021-04-02). "IT'S OFFICIAL! THE FIRST EVER PRO CASE OPENER IN CSGO!".
- Jens Hofer (2019-01-28). "I have decided to move on from NIP".
- G7 Teams (August 8, 2006). "G7 teams launched". Retrieved August 12, 2020.
- Facebook announcement and Spotify link for the Team Song.