AEF Dota 2 League Season Three Division 1
The AEF Dota 2 League an online league tournament organised by Australian eSports Federation returns for its third season with a total prize pool of 4,850 AUD and gaming peripherals, with three divisions. This is the first time AEF has introduced a third division.
Following the tournament, Praetorian announced his departure from the tournament and organisation.
The format for Division 1 consists of two stages:
- Group Stage
- A 2-0 win gives 2 points, while a 2-1 win gives 1 point
- Weekly single round robin in a Bo3 series
- The top four seedings would move into a "finals" series
- Tiebreakers of Bo3 would be used if required
- Finals Series
- The top four teams would play in a 4 team double elimination bracket
- The finals series start on the 25th November
- The top four seedings would be determined and the prize pool would be allocated from this
(≃ $3,262 USD
) are spread among the participants as seen below:
- 1 Skatemasters forfeited from the tournament on the 13th November and will not be eligible for the finals series and its subsequent series resulted in a defwin to the opposing teams 
- 2 On the 21st November, all results with Skatematers were later offically awarded to their opponents following their exit.
The top four seedings from groupstage of Division 1 play in the final series to determine the final seedings for the tournament. The playoffs start on the 25th November and conclude on the 26th November.