AEF Dota 2 League Season 5 Division 1: Groupstage
AEF Season 5 returns for its fifth season, after being unveiled during the conclusion of last season's Finals in Melbourne. Registration was released on the 9th April.
Water was the last season's champions, overcoming Focus 3-1 in the Grand Finals.
The point system from last season's is retained with a game win providing 1 point, and a clean sheet providing 3 points.
- Weekly single round robin in a Bo3 series
- 2-0 sweep provides 3 points
- 2-1 win gives 2 points
- 1-2 loss gives 1 point
- The top four teams advance to LAN Finals
- Tiebreaker conditions:
- Tiebreaker if required Bo3
- 1 Spag and Sons are now sponsored by Trident Esports, and during Week 6, Kofaa was replaced by Lose Yourself in the squad.
- 2 Water were picked up by Athletico Esports on the 14th June.
Division 1 teams are directly invited, however a qualifying match was issued to determine the final 8 teams. Seventh Heaven defeated Pink 2-1 to secure a Division 1 seed, while Pink returns to Division 2.
| Qualifiying Match|
|7 ||2||1|| Pink|
Relegation battles occur at the end of the season where the second-last team in the current division plays against the second-best team in the lower division in a Bo5 series to determine the seedings for next season. Great Dango Family were seventh place in Division 1 and Fox Gaming Youth were runners-up in the second division.