Aegis of the Immortal
The Immortal was said to own a shield that protected him from death itself.
Aegis of the Immortal (also known as Aegis) drops from Roshan every time he is killed. It grants the holder an extra life. The Aegis of the Immortal is reclaimed by Roshan 5 minutes after it has been picked up or when Roshan respawns. (This means it is impossible to have more than one Aegis of the Immortal in the game at the same time.) The Aegis of the Immortal cannot be dropped, sold, or placed in the backpack.
The Aegis of the Immortal brings the hero who holds it back to life with full health and mana a few seconds after death. The hero respawns at the location of their death with the Aegis removed from their inventory.
Reclaimed by Roshan 5 minutes after it has been picked up or when Roshan respawns. When the Aegis expires unused, it heals the hero fully over a few seconds. Dispels on player damage.
|Reclamation Time||5 minutes|
|Max HP/Mana Regen Per Second||20%|Notes
- Does not count as an actual death. Dying into reincarnation does not result in gold loss, gold or exp for the enemy, and items that normally drop on death will not drop.
- It still triggers on-death bonuses such as Culling Blade and Death Pulse.
- The Aegis holder provides ground vision of their death area while reincarnating.
- The reclamation regeneration dispels on damage from players and Roshan.
- Aegis was previously a purchaseable item, built with a Stout Shield and a recipe, containing three charges. It was removed from the shop in 6.42 and changed to drop from Roshan instead.
- Aegis expiration regen now has the same damage dispel rules as Healing Salve
- Aegis now provides temporary ground vision near your death area while reincarnating
- Aegis duration decreased from 6 minutes to 5
- When Aegis expires unused, it heals the hero fully over 5 seconds
- (Regen dispels on damage from players or buildings)