Razzil Darkbrew, the Alchemist
The sacred science of Chymistry was a Darkbrew family tradition, but no Darkbrew had ever shown the kind of creativity, ambition, and recklessness of young Razzil. However, when adulthood came calling he pushed aside the family trade to try his hand at manufacturing gold through Alchemy.
In an act of audacity befitting his reputation, Razzil announced he would transmute an entire mountain into gold. Following two decades of research and spending and preparation, he failed spectacularly, quickly finding himself imprisoned for the widespread destruction his experiment wrought. Yet Razzil was never one to take a setback lightly, and sought escape to continue his research.
When his new cellmate turned out to be a fierce ogre, he found just the opportunity he needed. After convincing the ogre not to eat him, Razzil set about carefully concocting a tincture for it to drink, made from the moulds and mosses growing in the prison stone work. In a week's time, it seemed ready. When the ogre drank the potion, it flew into an unstoppable berserker rage, destroying the cell bars and exploding through walls and guards alike.
They soon found themselves lost somewhere in the forest surrounding the city with a trail of wreckage in their wake and no signs of pursuit. In the tonic's afterglow, the ogre seemed serene, happy, and even eager. Resolving to work together, the pair set off to collect the materials needed to attempt Razzil's Alchemic transmutation once more.
Synthesizing extra resources from each and every kill, Alchemist has no trouble gathering the tools needed to destroy his foes. Ambushing enemies with corrosive acid and a host of unstable chemicals, he battles to ensure his greedy escapades can remain uninterrupted.
Sprays high-pressure acid across a target area. Enemy units who step across the contaminated terrain take damage per second and have their armor reduced.
|Damage Per Second||20/25/30/35|
|Armor Reduction||4/5/6/7 |
|Acid Sprays Grants Armor to Allies |
|Does not pierce Spell Immunity.|
Using traditional Alchemy from the Darkbrew family, Razzil concocts an acid that dissolves even the toughest metals.
Alchemist brews up an unstable concoction that he can throw at an enemy hero, to stun and deal damage in an area around the explosion. The longer the concoction brews, the more damage it deals and the longer the stun. Alchemist is faster while charging the concoction. After a few seconds, the brew reaches its maximum damage and stun time. However, after a few more seconds, the concoction will explode on Alchemist himself if not thrown.
|Maximum Damage||160/240/320/400 |
|Self-Destruct Brew Time||5.5|
|Self Movement Bonus||4%/8%/12%/16%|
|Stun/Damage Radius||250 |
|Does not pierce Spell Immunity.|
|Blocked by all Linkens/echoed by all Lotus in the area of effect.|
|Dispellable with strong dispels.|
|Cannot be disjointed.|
A silver lining to the failure of turning a mountain into gold, this volatile solution has destructive potential.
- Alchemist can move, attack, cast spells, and use items while the concoction is brewing.
- The concoction effect still explodes around Alchemist when self-destructing.
- Alchemist can deny himself with this ability if the concoction explodes on himself.
- The concoction is thrown at 900 movement speed and provides 300 flying vision.
- The brewing countdown can also be seen by enemies.
- Explosion damages enemy creeps within its radius
Unstable Concoction Throw
Throw the Unstable Concoction before it blows up.
Alchemist synthesizes additional gold from his enemies and bounty runes. With each kill, Alchemist earns base bonus gold and extra bonus gold. If Alchemist kills another unit which yields gold within the next 36.0 seconds, an additional instance of Extra Bonus Gold is added to the total. Additionally, causes Bounty
runes to yield more gold.
|Bonus Gold Cap||15/18/21/24|
|+1 Damage per Greevil's Greed Stack (Max 24) |
|Disabled by break.|
|Illusions does not gain the ability|
While it is not a mountain, Razzil has mastered the conversion of smaller compounds to line his pockets.
- Triggers on every last hit Alchemist makes. Excludes last hits on:
- The Bounty Rune multiplier only affects the amount of gold Alchemist gains. Allies still gain the default value.
- Bonus gold earned is unreliable gold.
Alchemist causes his Ogre to enter a chemically induced rage, reducing base attack cooldown and increasing movement speed and health regeneration. Apply a basic dispel.
|Base Attack Time||1.2/1.1/1 |
|Bonus HP Regen||50/75/100 |
|Base Movement Speed||335/345/355 |
|Illusions created during Chemical Rage get a new Chemical Rage buff which lasts its full duration, regardless of how much was left on Alchemist himself.|
The brew Razzil gave to the Ogre during their prison bust has become a useful potion in the midst of combat.
- Has a 0.35 second transformation time which provides invulnerability. During this short time projectiles and stuns can be disjointed.
- Alchemist's ogre turns purple and wields his swords for the duration of the buff.
- Dispels Alchemist on cast.
Alchemist melts down Aghanim's Scepter to grant an allied hero all Aghanim's Scepter upgrades. Alchemist will gain bonus damage and spell amplification for each gifted Scepter.
|Bonus Spell Amp per Stack||5%|
|This ability is granted by Aghanim's Scepter.|
|Illusions does not gain the buff.|Notes
- Can grant Aghanim's Blessing once per allied hero.
- If an ally already has a scepter buff or the item, it refunds them based on which version they have (either 4200 or 5800).
- Alchemist's personal bonuses stack up to 5 times, for a max of:
- 150 Bonus Damage
- 20% Bonus Spell Amp
Alchemist throws a potion at an ally, applying a basic dispel and giving them attack speed, movement speed and HP regen.
|This ability is granted by Aghanim's Shard.|
- Strength reduced from 25 + 2.9 to 23 + 2.7
- Unstable Concoction
- Bonus Movement Speed reduced from 5/10/15/20% to 4/8/12/16%
- Aghanim's Scepter Synth
- Giving an Aghanim's Scepter to an ally now grants Alchemist bonus Damage and Spell Amplification even if Alchemist doesn't have one yet
- Level 10 Talent +15 Attack Speed replaced with +1 Acid Spray Armor Reduction
- Level 15 Talent +350 Health replaced with Acid Spray Also Grants Armor to Allies
- Level 15 Talent +20 Damage replaced with +1 Damage per Greevil's Greed Stack (Max 24 damage)
- Level 20 Talent +25% Cleave replaced with -0.1s Chemical Rage Base Attack Time
- Berserk Potion
- Shard Mana Cost reduced from 125 to 100
- Chemical Rage
- Duration increased from 25s to 30s
- Cooldown increased from 55s to 60s