Zet, the Arc Warden
|Carry Escape Nuker|
Before the beginning of all, there existed a presence: a primordial mind, infinite, awesome, and set to inscrutable purpose. As the universe thundered into being, this mind was fragmented and scattered. Two among its greater fragments—who would come to be named Radiant and Dire—found themselves locked in vicious opposition, and began twisting all of creation to serve their conflict.
As war and cataclysm threatened the nascent cosmos, the will of a third fragment made itself known. Naming itself Zet, this intellect sought to resolve the disharmony and return all to perfect unity. Appalled by its kin's conflicting nature, Zet gathered the sum of its power. In a sudden flash, it overwhelmed its siblings, and fused the warring aspects into a stellar sphere before hurling them into the darkness to orbit a nondescript world. Harmony was restored, though only the barest fraction of Zet's strength remained. Setting its gaze on the prison, Zet chose to use its weakened power to serve as watchful warden until time's end. For uncounted aeons, this vigil stood.
Life flourished upon the world below, oblivious to the dangers imprisoned within the softly glowing moon, or of Zet's struggles to contain them. As the captives' eternal clash reverberated within, the surface of the prison shuddered, over time beginning to crack. Ultimately, Zet's depleted power proved insufficient to contain the breach, and at last the moon was shattered. The prison's ancient inhabitants had escaped to sow their conflict anew.
Flung to the farthest reaches by the prison's explosion, Zet was transformed by the dissonant energies of its former captives. No longer of single form and thought, its presence had become split among many—some lesser, some greater—each connected by a fleeting arc of consciousness. Struggling to suppress its own disunity, Zet sped toward the burgeoning conflict of its siblings, bending its fractured wills toward a singular conclusion: the aspects of the primordial mind must be made to reunite, or all must be destroyed lest the conflict spread further...
A splintered fragment of the same primordial power as the Ancients themselves, Zet the Arc Warden has pledged to see the clash between Radiant and Dire finally end. Assault lone enemies with fluxing energy, or distort space to generate a protective field around allies. Summon a Spark Wraith to patrol an area for enemies to infuse with harmful magic, then create a double of Zet, items and all, to overwhelm your foes.Arc Warden (In-Game Description)
- Total damage:
- Deals damage in 0.5 second intervals. One damage instance is dealt immediately on cast.
- The debuff fully stacks with itself when cast multiple times. Each stack operates independently.
- Enemy units and neutrals will disable the debuff if the target comes within range of them. Ancients will not disable it.
- If the target no longer has any enemy units within range, the debuff resumes dealing the damage and slow.
- The debuff still counts down its duration while it is disabled.
- Units must remain within the area to receive the buff.
- Only evades attacks done from outside of the field.
- The Spark Wraith has 400 movement speed and provides 300 ground vision.
- Attacks the closest unit in its search area. Ignores spell immune units.
- The Tempest Double is visibly different to enemies.
- Ability and item cooldowns persist between summonings.
- The double cannot copy Consumables, Refresher Orb, Aegis of the Immortal, and items that drop on death such as Divine Rapier and Gem of True Sight.
- The double cannot pick up or drop items.
- When the double uses Hand of Midas, the original Arc Warden receives the Midas experience bonus.
- The Tempest Double Won't break Smoke of Deceit.
|+12s Tempest Double Duration||25||25% Lifesteal|
|+100 Attack Range||20||+125 Spark Wraith Damage|
|12% Cooldown Reduction||15||+40 Attack Speed|
|+225 Health||10||+175 Flux Cast Range|
Early Game Arc Warden's early game should be focused on farming up his Hand of Midas. Flux is used to pressure and potentially kill enemy heroes. Spark Wraith is used for vision to prevent ganks, and controlling the enemy heroes movement. Magnetic Field is a powerful defensive spell if the enemy attempts to kill you and can often turn ganks around in your favour. Flux along with a support can easily result in a kill if the enemy hero gets caught with no friendly units nearby. When attempting to kill a hero, Spark Wraith should be positioned behind the enemy hero such that they have to either take the Spark Wraith damage or turn around and fight your hero. Once Arc Warden reaches level 6, his ability to kill out of position heroes on his own is greatly increased with the ability to use Flux 2 times and spam Spark Wraiths. Tempest Double also provides sustain through a Healing Salve and an Enchanted Mango allowing liberal use of Spark Wraith and Flux. Once Hand of Midas has been purchased, Tempest Double should be used as soon at it is off cooldown due to the gold and experience gain it provides.
A Wraith Band helps Arc Warden last hit as his base damage is relatively low. Tangos provide lane sustain for any early harassment or creep damage taken.
With one of the highest attack ranges in the game, an Orb of Venom allows Arc Warden to harass the off-lane effectively. Boots should be purchased either first or second, after the Orb of Venom, depending on the lane. A Healing Salve and an Enchanted Mango, in conjunction with Tempest Double, provides copious amounts of sustainability along with alleviating the health and mana costs from using his ultimate, and thus should be purchased as soon as level 6 is reached. A Hand of Midas provides a massive boost in both gold and experience gain and should be purchased as soon as possible.
Necronomicon greatly boosts Arc Wardens ability to farm, push, and fight along with providing the ability to de-ward with Spark Wraith and True Sight once upgraded to level 3. Boots of Travels allow both Arc Warden and his Tempest Double to be anywhere on the map and should be purchased immediately after the fully upgraded Necronomicon. The items purchased following this greatly differ and numerous builds are available depending on play-style and the game.
- Standard Arc Warden (Lane) Build
- Standard Arc Warden (Middle) Build
- DotaFire's Builds & Guides for Arc Warden