Artour "Arteezy" Babaev is a professional Dota 2 player from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. He is currently playing for Evil Geniuses. Arteezy has a very popular live stream which showcases his outgoing personality, eccentric taste in music, as well as his exceptional skill.[Citation needed]
Artour was born in Tashkent, Uzbekistan on July 1st, 1996. Before playing Dota 2 professionally he played the original DotA as well as Starcraft II. Arteezy played Protoss, and reached Masters before he started playing Dota 2.
Due to his young age and commitment to his studies, Arteezy had postponed any plans to play Dota 2 professionally. In April 2013, Arteezy finally committed to a team and joined Kaipi for the summer, along with ComeWithMe. However, after just four months Arteezy left the team and went inactive in order to once again focus on his studies. In September 2013, Artour joined Take Five, a casual team of ringers, in order to participate in RaidCall EMS ONE Fall Americas, which the team would go on to win. Shortly after, Take Five disbanded and Arteezy would again be inactive. On November 22, 2013 Arteezy had the opportunity to stand in for bOne7 and play for his previous team Speed Gaming (formerly Kaipi) at MLG Columbus. Arteezy handily defeated several elite mid-laners, including Mushi and Dendi, en route to an underdog victory for Speed Gaming over Team DK in the finals. This victory at the first LAN event Artour ever attended garnered a great deal of attention, including 7ckngMad's infamous comments on Artour's skill.
On January 31st, 2014, Arteezy, along with legendary North American Dota players UNiVeRsE and Fear, as well as former HoN players ppd and zai created S A D B O Y S, which had immediate success. The team won sixteen out of their first eighteen matches, including winning the Electronic Sports Prime/Shock Therapy Cup while going undefeated. On February 21st, 2014, Arteezy and company were announced to be the new Evil Geniuses Dota 2 squad. This would mark the first time that Arteezy would fully commit to a team for the long term. On March 7th 2014 the new EG made their LAN debut at the Monster Energy Invitational, where they won 3-2 against Cloud9 in the finals. With this victory the team quickly began to establish their reputation as one of the best teams in the world, due in no small part to Artour's dominant play in the middle lane on heroes such as Dragon Knight, Naga Siren, and Razor. On April 29th Arteezy and his EG teammates were directly invited to compete in The International 2014. With top 3 finishes at three of the four major LANs prior to TI4, including a first place finish at The Summit 1 over team DK, EG was one of the favorites to win the biggest tournament of the year. At TI4 Evil Geniuses had a strong performance in the group stage placing second with an 11-4 record. In the main event EG would beat Team DK but fall to Newbee in the upper bracket. In the lower bracket finals EG would face off against Vici Gaming. The final game of the series was a decisive loss for EG, causing many people to question Arteezy's decision to pick up a late Hand of Midas. Artour and EG ended up going home with a 3rd place finish and $1,038,416 USD.
On January 6th, 2015, it was announced that Arteezy had joined Team Secret and he would now be playing the hard carry role. With the addition of Artour, as well as zai, Team Secret was now seen as an all-star caliber team and was lauded as the best team in the world. The Dota 2 Asia Championships was Team Secret's tournament debut, and they quickly stormed through the group stage finishing with a 15-0 record behind solid play from Artour on his signature heroes Shadow Fiend and Lycan. Secret could not ride this momentum through the upper bracket though, as they were defeated 2-1 by Vici Gaming in the upper bracket semi-finals. Secret would then face Big God in the lower bracket semi-finals and prevail with a score of 2-1. In the lower bracket finals Artour would be defeated by his former team Evil Geniuses by a score of 2-0. Team Secret would rebound from their 3rd place finish at DAC by winning four straight tournaments: Redbull Battle Grounds: Dota 2, The Summit 3, MarsTV Dota 2 League 2015 Spring, and ESL One Frankfurt 2015. Artour would get his revenge over EG as Team Secret defeated them 3-1 in the finals of both The Summit 3 and ESL One Frankfurt 2015. With these remarkable results Team Secret was considered the best team heading into The International 2015. Following a disappointing performance at The International 2015, Arteezy left Team Secret to rejoin Evil Geniuses as the hard carry player. Arteezy's second spell on Evil Geniuses was marked by consistent results with EG finishing in the top 3 of 5 consecutive LAN events. Despite this consistency they were unable to achieve many tournament wins with their only success coming at The Summit 4. This win also meant that Arteezy became the first 3 time Summit champion as he had won the first and third iterations of the tournament with EG and Team Secret respectively. Following the Dotapit Season 4 event, where EG lost 3-0 in the grand finals, it was announced that Arteezy had once again left EG to join Team Secret bringing UNiVeRsE with him. Arteezy returned to playing the mid role for Secret which he had not played regularly since his first stint in EG.
- On June 28th, 2016, Arteezy became the second player in Dota 2 history to achieve a matchmaking rating of over 9000.
- On August 6th, 2017, Arteezy became the third player in Dota 2 history to achieve a matchmaking rating of over 10000.
- Arteezy's career high for kills in a single game is 29. He achieved this feat while playing for Evil Geniuses as Tiny in a group stage match against Team Liquid at the ONE Esports Dota 2 World Pro Invitational Singapore.
- Reached 11,000 MMR on October 18th, 2020.
|2019-08-23||5 - 6th||Tier 1||The International 2019||0 : 2||$1,201,552|
|2018-08-25||3rd||Tier 1||The International 2018||0 : 2||$2,680,879|
|2017-05-28||1st||Tier 1||The Manila Masters||3 : 1||$125,000|
|2016-10-02||1st||Tier 1||Mars Dota 2 League 2016 Autumn||3 : 1||$112,500|
|2015-08-06||7 - 8th||Tier 1||The International 2015||1 : 2||$829,333|
|2015-06-21||1st||Tier 1||ESL One Frankfurt 2015||3 : 1||$118,481|
|2015-06-07||1st||Tier 1||MarsTV Dota 2 League 2015 Spring||3 : 1||$108,802|
|2015-05-17||1st||Tier 1||The Summit 3||3 : 1||$115,466|
|2014-10-26||1st||Tier 1||StarLadder StarSeries Season 10||3 : 2||$105,291|
|2014-07-20||3rd||Tier 1||The International 2014||1 : 2||$1,037,778|
|Complete list of results in any tournament|
- 2018-06-22 | Arteezy: "It's easy to knock people down, when they are already down" by Abso of Maincast
- 2018-05-26 | Entrevista a Arteezy - ESL One Birmingham 2018 by Alvaro "Darklight" Sanchez of BeyondTheSummit ES at ESL One Birmingham 2018
- 2018-03-08 | Interview with Arteezy (Evil Geniuses) at PGL MAJOR by Timotei "Spy_Eagle" Popescu of D-PLAY Esports at The Bucharest Major 2018
- 2018-03-06 | The Bucharest Major - Arteezy Interview by SirActionSlacks of PGL at The Bucharest Major 2018
- 2018-02-27 | Arteezy reflects on the past and talks the EG shuffle: "I think all of us were about to get kicked at some point." by Michael "Torte de Lini" Cohen of cybersport.com
- 2017-11-03 | EG.Arteezy Interview - ESL One Hamburg 2017 by Reto "Rizource" Canova of eSportsCH at ESL One Hamburg 2017
- 2017-08-03 | TI7 Evil Geniuses Team Interview by Kaci_Aitchison of Valve at The International 2017
- 2017-07-28 | 'Dota 2' Player Arteezy on the Hunt for Big Game at the International by Will Partin of rollingstone.com
- 2016-08-08 | Arteezy talks 9k Miracle- rivalry, Team Secret dynamics, and Selena Gomez by Dylan Walker of Yahoo eSports at The International 2016
- 2016-02-25 | Shanghai Major interview- EG. Arteezy by MONSTEROID31 of Perfect World at Shanghai Major 2016 (trans. )
- 2015-07-27 | TI5 Community Report: Hot_Bid and Arteezy by Hot_Bid of Valve at The International 2015
- 2015-05-17 | The Summit 3's Winners Interview with Team Secret's Arteezy by Matt Demers of theScore eSports at The Summit 3
- 2015-05-19 | Arteezy Interview by Hotbid (The Summit 3 by Gigabyte) by Hot_Bid of Beyond the Summit at The Summit 3
- 2015-05-14 | Team Secret's Arteezy at The Summit 3 (Day 2) - theScore eSports by Matt Demers of theScore eSports at The Summit 3
- 2015-02-03 | Team Secret Arteezy Interview by Stargame @DAC 2015 by Stargame at Dota 2 Asia Championships 2015 (trans. )
- 2014-09-06 | EG.Arteezy: ”Don't do Anything I did in Allstar Match When Using Techies” by 2P.com at World E-sport Championships 2014
- 2014-09-05 | Interview w/ Arteezy @ WEC 2014 by Skim of GosuGamers.net at World E-sport Championships 2014
- 2014-09-05 | EG.Arteezy interview "Losing makes me so motivated" by Hot_Bid of LiquidDota.com at World E-sport Championships 2014
- 2014-08-06 | EG Arteezy - 20 Questions by HyperX
- 2014-07-20 | Interview with Arteezy's mom @ TI 2014 [Eng sub] by Morf-designer of Prodota.ru at The International 2014 (trans. )
- 2014-07-12 | Arteezy "I knew we had it in us to make to the main event" by Cyborgmatt of onGamers.com at The International 2014
- 2014-07-08 | TI4 Interview: Arteezy and Hot_Bid by Hot_Bid of Valve at The International 2014
- 2014-06-26 | A conversation with an Evil Genius by Jesse "Terial" Sell of ESLGaming.com
- 2014-04-18 | Arteezy and Cyborgmatt discuss going pro at StarLadder by Cyborgmatt of ongamers.com at Starladder Season 9
- 2014-04-02 | 20-20: EG.Arteezy Answers by CountChocula of tl.net
- 2013-11-23 | [GG] @WhatIsHipTV interviews spG.int Arteezy by WhatIsHip of GosuGamers at MLG Columbus
- 2013-05-21 | joinDOTA Interviews Kaipi.Arteezy by Sun_Tzu of joinDOTA
- Arteezy: "I am Planning to Take a Year off to Play Dota Full-Time."
- "Bby" (2013-08-15). "Arteezy Leaves Kaipi". ProGamingTours.net. Retrieved 2013-08-16.
- Evil Geniuses Welcome New Dota 2 Team
- EG vs VG G3 @ TI4
- Team Secret January 6th Roster Change
- Other EG Players Speak Out on Transfer Drama
- Aui_2000 kicked from EG, Arteezy to replace
- "Day two: EG's new @DOTA2 roster revealed.". 2016-09-15. Retrieved September 30, 2016.
- Arteezy (2020-10-18). "Ez quinn not getting 11k before me". Twitter. Retrieved 2020-10-19.