Blade Mail is an item bought from the Home Shop. It is commonly used as a late game item to counter farmed carries who deal high physical damage like Phantom Assassin or Ursa. Some initiator heroes that tend to be quickly focused by enemy such as Axe and Clockwerk may build blademail to reflect back the damage that they receive when engaging the enemy heroes.
- Damage is returned before reductions.
- Damage type is the same type as the source.
- Blade Mail does not prevent the incoming damage.
- Blade Mail does not reflect damage taken from other Blade Mails and a few other special cases.
- Reflected damage cannot Spell Lifesteal and is not increased by Spell Amplification.