Black Arachnia, the Broodmother
|Carry Pusher Escape Nuker|
For centuries, Black Arachnia the Broodmother lurked in the dark lava tubes beneath the smoldering caldera of Mount Pyrotheos, raising millions of spiderlings in safety before sending them to find prey in the wide world above. In a later age, the Vizier of Greed, Ptholopthales, erected his lodestone ziggurat on the slopes of the dead volcano, knowing that any looters who sought his magnetic wealth must survive the spider-haunted passages. After millennia of maternal peace, Black Arachnia found herself beset by a steady trickle of furfeet and cutpurses, bold knights and noble youths—all of them delicious, certainly, and yet tending to create a less than nurturing environment for her innocent offspring. Tiring of the intrusions, she paid a visit to Ptholopthales; and when he proved unwilling to discuss a compromise, she wrapped the Vizier in silk and set him aside to be the centerpiece of a special birthday feast. Unfortunately, the absence of the Magnetic Ziggurat's master merely emboldened a new generation of intruders. When one of her newborns was trodden underfoot by a clumsy adventurer, she reached the end of her silken rope. Broodmother headed for the surface, declaring her intent to rid the world of each and every possible invader, down to the last Hero if necessary, until she could ensure her nursery might once more be a safe and wholesome environment for her precious spiderspawn.
- Spiderlings will only spawn if the target is killed within the debuff duration of being hit by this skill.
- Spawn Spiderite will create smaller and less powerful versions of Spiderlings when units get killed by Spiderlings.
- Webs never expire, but when the maximum limit of webs is exceeded the oldest web disappears.
- Broodmother can phase through cliffs, trees, and even buildings within the web.
- Spiderlings and Spiderites gain the same bonuses as Broodmother when within webs.
- Webs can be selected and have the ability to destroy themselves with Destroy Spin Web.
|Enemy Miss Chance||30% / 40% / 50% / 60%|
|Movement Speed Slow||16% / 26% / 36% / 46%|
- Stacks with other sources of lifesteal.
|+450 Spiders Health||25||+60 Insatiable Hunger Damage/Lifesteal|
|+50 Attack Speed||20||+30 Spiders Attack Damage|
|+20 Agility||15||20% Cooldown Reduction|
|+200 Health||10||+125 Spawn Spiderlings Damage|
|Damage Per Second||8|
|Movement Speed Slow||8%|
- Total damage:
- 16 to heroes
- 48 to creeps
- Works on allied creeps and units when denying.
Hiding invisibly within her webs, Broodmother births an army of spiders to lead her team's forces toward the enemy base. As prey wanders near, she joins her children and attacks, slowing foes with incapacitating bites as she indulges her insatiable hunger.Broodmother (In-Game Description)