Valora, the Dawnbreaker
In the aeons after the Keeper's exodus birthed the age of light, some amongst the first sun's lineage began to align against the chaos their ancestor's maker left chasing in his wake. Calling themselves the Children of Light, they saw no one else as worthy of taking up the Keeper's abandoned mantle, and they yearned to beat back the onslaught of darkness, creating glorious armies built to purge the cosmos of all creatures of primordial night.
Valora, the Dawnbreaker, most prized warrior amongst the Children's ancient creations, is the shining herald of the majesty of order and light. Molded from the heart of a young metallic star, and charged by golden breath with new life, Valora was called to spread the glow of the Children's wisdom to the darkest reaches of the universe — setting fire to the heavens with each swing of her celestial hammer amidst an endless battle to keep chaos at bay.
In time, the Children also revealed another purpose for the Dawnbreaker. They had discovered a means of permeating the entirety of the cosmos with their inner light — to obliterate all aspects of darkness forever — and they sent Valora to seize a source of great power, the final piece of their ultimate plan. But for the first time, Valora and her hammer met with failure, and the price she and her masters paid was vast. The Children of Light's spark was utterly extinguished, and the Dawnbreaker was left adrift in a black expanse, lost for untold millennia before crashing on an unfamiliar world.
There she rested, dormant, until the presence of a wandering young star gave fuel to an ancient energy forge — a relic of the Children's that, like her, lay buried for countless ages beneath a blowing red waste. Now, with a small measure of her former powers restored by the forge, Valora wakes to a land beset by war and the unrelenting forces of chaos. She knows her gods may be gone, but the heft of the Dawnbreaker's hammer remains — matched only by her will to wield it justly in the name of goodness and light.
Dawnbreaker shines in the heart of battle, happily crushing enemies with her celestial hammer and healing nearby allies. She revels in hurling her hammer through multiple foes and then converging with it in a blazing wake, always waiting to tap her true cosmic power to fly to the aid of her teammates — eager to rout her enemies on the battlefield no matter where they are.
Dawnbreaker whirls her hammer around 3 times, damaging enemies with her attack plus bonus damage. On the final strike, she smashes her hammer down, stunning and damaging enemies in front of her.
|Swipe Damage Bonus||20/30/40/50 |
|Swipe Move Speed Slow||100%|
|Smash Damege Bonus||30/60/90/120|
|Smash Stun Duration||0.8/1/1.2/1.4|
|Smash Self Stun Duration||0.2|
Across the vast lineage of star progeny, there were multitudes unwilling to align with the aims of the Children of Light. To those who dared organize defiance, the Children would dispatch Valora and her hammer to show a measure of their power--to leave the rebels either shattered or set back to rights.
Dawnbreaker hurls her weapon at a target, damaging enemies struck along the way. The hammer pauses at the destination before flying back to her, leaving a trail of fire that slows enemies. Dawnbreaker can recall the hammer at any time, pulling her towards it so they meet in the middle.
|Max Distance||1000/1100/1200/1300 |
|Hammer Impact Damage||60/90/120/150|
|Fire Trail DPS||20/30/40/50|
|Fire Trail Move Speed Slow||24%/28%/32%/36% |
|Fire Trail Debuff Linger Duration||0.5|
|Does not pierce Spell Immunity.|
The Brightmaul is Valora's oldest companion and sole remaining connection to the glow of her creators.
Dawnbreaker recalls her hammer, pulling them together so they meet in the middle.
After some attacks, Dawnbreaker powers up, charging her next attack with a critical hit that heals all allied heroes within 650 units around her for a portion of attack damage dealt. Creeps and neutral enemies provide less healing. Allies are healed for a percentage of the amount.
|Critical Damage||120%/140%/160%/180% |
|Allied Creep Heal Amount||50%|
Diminished in power without access to the Children's replenishing light, Valora can still recharge herself and her allies by creating order from the chaos which resides within each fight.
Dawnbreaker creates a pulsing effect at a location within 500 units of an allied hero anywhere on the map, damaging enemies and healing allies with each pulse. After a short duration, she flies to the target location, dealing additional damage and stunning enemies upon landing. Once channeled, Dawnbreaker cannot stop the ability.
|Heal Per Pulse||45/70/95 |
|Landing Stun Duration||1.5/1.75/2|
|Allies Evasion During Flight|
Reduces channeling time, can be cast again upon takeoff to land early.
Gives allies in the area evasion bonus while Dawnbreaker is airborne, increases Heal Per Pulse and total airborne time.
|Does not pierce Spell Immunity.|
Only in defense of an ally will Valora relent to call upon the last reserves of her old powers that still allow cosmic flight.
- Starbreaker Swipe attack damage bonus reduced from 25/35/45/55 to 20/30/40/50
- Starbreaker Smash attack damage bonus rescaled from 40/65/90/115 to 30/60/90/120
- Celestial Hammer Slow rescaled from 35% to 24/28/32/36%
- Added to Captain's Mode
- Starbreaker no longer ignores movement restriction abilities (e.g: Kinetic Field)
- Starbreaker no longer gets cancelled if Starbreaker gets rooted, instead just the movement is interrupted.
- Added Aghanim’s Shard. Grants magic immunity during Starbreaker
- Added Aghanim’s Scepter. Reduces Solar Guardian Channeling time to 1s. Solar Guardian can be cast again upon takeoff to land early. Solar Guardian now gives allies in the area +60% evasion while Dawnbreaker is airborne, increases Heal Per Pulse from 45/70/95 to 60/90/120 and total airborne time by 3.5 seconds
- Level 10 Talent +7 Strength replaced with +15% Celestial Hammer Slow
- Level 10 Talent +20 Movement Speed replaced with +30 Starbreaker Swipe Damage
- Level 15 Talent +20 Attack Damage replaced with +40% Luminosity Crit Damage
- Level 20 Talent +40% Luminosity Crit Damage replaced with -1 Luminosity Attacks Required
- Level 20 Talent 2 Starbreaker charges replaced with +150 Solar Guardian Radius
- Level 25 Talent +200 Solar Guardian Radius replaced with 2 Starbreaker Charges
- Agility reduced from 20 + 2.4 to 14 + 1.7
- Celestial Hammer manacost increased from 110 to 110/120/130/140
- Level 10 Talent reduced from +8 Strength to +7
- Strength gain decreased from 3.8 to 3.6
- Base damage decreased by 5
- Movement speed decreased from 315 to 310
- Solar Guardian pulse damage now affects Ancient Creeps
- Solar Guardian land damage/stun are no longer interrupted by stuns
- Starbreaker cannot be cast while rooted (fixed being casted and going on cooldown immediately)
- Converge now cannot be cast while rooted
- Converge no longer procs Magic Stick
- Strength gain increased from 3.2 to 3.8
- Base armor increased by 2
- Starbreaker self stun at the end reduced from 0.3 to 0.2
- Celestial Hammer Trail burn damage increased from 20 to 20/30/40/50
- Luminosity healing from heroes increased from 25/30/35/40% to 30/40/50/60%
- Solar Guardian heal per pulse increased from 40/55/70 to 45/70/95
- Solar Guardian radius increased from 400 to 500
- Solar Guardian stun duration increased from 1.1/1.3/1.5 to 1.5/1.75/2
- Hero Added