ESL ANZ Championship - Season 2: League
ESL ANZ Championship
On the July 10th, it was unveiled that the Dota 2 ESL ANZ Championship would return for its second season. The renewed season shows a longer format with an additional league stage within the tournament, following the open qualifiers. With Athletico Esports and Natural 9 being automatically invited, the open qualifiers would take place on the 22nd July and its next three consecutive Sundays to determine the four teams for the league format.
In the league stage of the tournament that is starting on the 20th August and ending on the 25th September, the top four teams from the league qualify to the main event at an undisclosed location. 
- Double Round Robin format
- Teams play each other twice in Bo1
- A series win equals three points
- The top four teams by points qualify for the main event.
- Click here for information about tiebreaker rules
- Head to Head result
- Tiebreaker match
- If only two teams remain in the tie, a Bo3 tie-breaker match shall be played.
- In the case of more than two teams remaining in a tie, then a mini-round robin fixture will take place with all affected teams. All matches here will be on a Bo1 basis.
The group stage broadcast talent were announced on the 19th August. 
The top four teams with the most points qualify for the finals in an undisclosed date.
- 1 Matino and TEKCOR departed from the squad on the 12th July.
- 2 Trident Esports won the third qualifier and later departed to Fox Gaming on the 1st August 2018.
- 3 SaveBuyBackPLZ have changed their name to KSY on the 15th September.