ESL One Hamburg 2017
GSL Groups (Bo1
Single-Elimination Bracket (Bo3
Pro Circuit Points:
After three remarkable years of ESL One Frankfurt, ESL moves to its newest Dota 2 stop in Germany - ESL One Hamburg! The $1,000,000 USD tournament, which is set to take place on October 26–29, will be the eighth ESL One installment for Dota 2 and will mark ESL's first ever event in the Barclaycard Arena of Hamburg, previously the home of Hamburg’s handball and ice hockey teams. Additionally, ESL One Hamburg has attained Major status as part of the new tournament ruleset from Valve for the 2017-2018 competitive season! This makes ESL One Hamburg the first Major of the season and second one ever to take place in Germany, after The Frankfurt Major in 2015.
- Group Stage:
- The teams are divided into two groups where they play in a double-elimination (GSL) format
- The first round is played in a Bo1, while the remaining rounds are played in a Bo3
- The top two teams in each group move on to the playoffs
- Single-Elimination bracket
- All matches are played in a Bo3
The talent for the English broadcast was announced on October 13, 2017.
- Stage Host:
- OJ Borg (Oliver James Borg D'Anastasi)
The talent for the Russian broadcast was announced on October 26, 2017.
- Mag (Andrey Chipenko)
- Goblak (Artur Kostenko)
The base prize pool for the tournament is $1,000,000 USD and 1500 Pro Circuit Points. The prize money and points will be split as follows:
- 1 HappyFeet weren't able to attend the event due to visa issues. They were replaced by Fnatic.