Electronic Sports World Cup 2012
The Electronic Sports World Cup is an international professional gaming championship. Every year, winners of national qualifier events around the world earn the right to represent their country at the final event in France. The event was held for the first time in 2003. The ESWC is not an open tournament, every player who wants to be a part of it have to compete in one or several national qualifiers which allows him to compete for his country at the ESWC finals.
ESWC 2012 was held at the Paris Games Week in Porte de Versailles, Paris. Aside from Dota 2, competitions took place for other games like StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
A total of $25,000 was split among the teams as seen below:
|World War Game|
- Group Stage
- Two groups with 4 teams each
- Round robin with series in Bo1 format
- The two best teams advance to playoffs
- Single elimination
- All series are played in Bo3 format
Defending Champions Na'Vi have been invited to defend their title. The other 7 spots have been distributed via qualifiers.
The last two qualifiers will be organized by joinDOTA.com, and will be separated into big Western and Eastern Qualifiers.
- Winners of both East and West qualifiers did not participate in the main event. Also no team from China traveled to offline finals. Instead, 4 slots were given to best teams from the French qualifier.
- ESWC 2012 Prizes eswc.com October 7th, 2012.