Electronic Sports World Cup 2013
The Electronic Sports World Cup is an international professional gaming championship. Every year, winners of national qualifier events around the world earn the right to represent their country at the final event in France. The event was held for the first time in 2003. The ESWC is not an open tournament, every player who wants to be a part of it have to compete in one or several national qualifiers which allows him to compete for his country at the ESWC finals.
ESWC 2013 is held at the Paris Games Week in Porte de Versailles, Paris. Aside from Dota 2, competitions take place for other games such as Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Trackmania 2, FIFA 14 and several other games. For the first time since 2011, StarCraft 2 is not one of the official competitive titles.
- Group Stage
- Two groups with five teams each.
- Round robin in Bo1 format.
- The best six teams advance to playoffs.
- Single Elimination.
- All series are played in Bo3 format.
A total of $25,000 is split among the teams as seen below:
Defending Champions Natus Vincere declined their invitation to the tournament, putting their focus on other tournaments.
- 1 Zero Respect from the on-site French qualifiers replaced the Ukrainian team MixMixMix.
- For more information about the qualifier slots see the Qualifiers page.