Xin, the Ember Spirit
|Carry Escape Nuker Disabler Initiator|
Lost within the Wailing Mountains, the Fortress of Flares lay abandoned, its training halls empty, its courtyard covered in leaves and dust. Upon a dais in its sealed temple rests a topaz cauldron filled with ancient ash, remnants of a pyre for the warrior-poet Xin. For three generations, Xin taught his acolytes the Bonds of the Guardian Flame, a series of mantras to train the mind and body for the harsh realities beyond the fortress walls. However, in teaching a warrior's way he earned a warrior's rivals, and in his autumn Xin was bested and slain. His followers spread to the wind. Yet as years turned to centuries and followers to descendants, his teachings endured by subtle whisper and deed. Touched by the teacher's lasting legacy, the Burning Celestial, inquisitive aspect of fire, cast himself to the Fortress of Flares and reignited the pyre ash. From these glowing embers emerged an image of Xin, wreathed in flame, his thoughtful countenance prepared to train and to teach, and to spread the fires of knowledge to all who seek guidance.
- A regular attack is performed every 0.2 seconds.
- Targets are determined when the ability is cast. The order they are attacked is random.
- Xin's Sleight of Fist attacks originate in the direction from which he cast the spell.
- Xin can cast spells and use items during this skill.
- Xin can place buffs and trigger chance effects (like Bash) on each attack.
- Disarming Xin causes Sleight of Fist to deal no damage.
- A temporary remnant appears where Xin cast it, showing his return location for when the ability ends. This remnant is merely a visual indicator and has no interaction with his ultimate.
- Does not hit invisible units.
- Total damage:
- 240 / 480 / 800 / 1200
- 640 / 1080 / 1600 / 2200
- Damage is dealt every 0.2 seconds as:
- 6 / 8 / 10 / 12
- 16 / 18 / 20 / 22
- The amount of magical damage absorbed is calculated before magic resistance.
|Charge Replenish Time||38 |
- Xin begins with maximum Fire Remnant charges.
- While dead Xin will continue to replenish Fire Remnant charges.
- Fire Remnants are invulnerable and have no collision.
- Fire Remnants move to their targeted location at 2.5 × Ember Spirit's movement speed.
- Xin moves to each remnant at 1300 speed or in 0.4 seconds, whichever is faster.
- Destroys trees in its path within 200 range.
|-25 Remnant Charge Restore Time||25||2 Sleight of Fist Charges|
|True Strike||20||+10% Spell Amplification|
|+1s Searing Chains||15||+50 Flame Guard DPS|
|+200 Flame Guard Absorption||10||+25 Damage|
Swift and elusive, Ember Spirit strikes all nearby enemies in rapid succession, and ties them up with burning chains. Quickly rushing across the battlefield to arrive at one of his exploding remnants, few can avoid, or capture, his flame.Ember Spirit (In-Game Description)
Flame guard is generally taken first, to help with his low base HP. This gives Ember Spirit some durability against magic damage. Searing Chains is taken second, for the damage and the utility. Fire Remnant is taken at level 6, but skipped at 11 and 16 most of the times. Only the damage scales, which is negligible. Sleight of Fist only becomes effective when Ember Spirit has farmed some items, which is why it's taken last. An alternative skill build is taking Sleight of Fist once at level 8, before maxing Searing Chains.
- Standard Ember Spirit (Lane) Build
- Standard Ember Spirit (Middle) Build
- DotaFire's Builds & Guides for Ember Spirit