G-League 2012 Season 2
(≃ $41,872 USD)
Season 2 of the G-League 2012 tournament will feature Warcraft III, Starcraft 2, League of Legends, and Dota 2 games. This was the second prestige tournament that was held by Chinese organizers. Qualifiers took place starting on November 22 18:30 and were played as best of ones. Eight teams battled it out in the main tournament to see who would qualify for the playoffs.
The bulk of the tournament ran between Dec. 24th and Jan 7th, with the finals occurring on March. 9th in the Shanghai Mercedes-Benz Cultural Center. In addition to the finals of each of the Esports events, Chang Chen-Yue (张震岳) and MC Hotdog, a pair of famous Chinese artists, are scheduled to perform.
- Qualifiers were best of ones. Group finals were best of three and the winners qualified for the main tournament.
- Main tournament are best of threes.
- Semifinals and finals are best of fives.
¥260,000 CNY (≃ $41,872 USD) was spread among the teams as seen below:
|Place||$ USD||¥ CNY||Team|
(Converted USD prizes are based on the currency rate on Mar 9, 2013: 1 CNY ≃ 0.16105 USD.)
- Invictus Gaming and Team DK were invited as the winner and runner-up of G-League 2012 Season 1 (DotA Allstars).
- Eight teams qualified for the event through an eight group online qualifier.
- The winner of each qualifier group got a spot for the group play of the main league.
- All games until the final was Bo1 and the final match of each qualifier group was a Bo3 series.
- Results from the qualifiers can be found here.
Drawing for groups took place at the very end of qualifiers. The invited teams iG and DK were to be placed in different groups.
DK was drawn to be top of Group A. The six qualified teams were then drawn randomly into remaining six slots.
- G-League official website
- Live Report thread
- Rumours of War article on TL
- G-League Past and Present article on TL
- G League - Breaking the Ice article on TL
- Supremacy: G-League Semifinals Recap article on TL
- [GL] Grand Finals Recap article on TL