Galaxy Battles II: Emerging Worlds
Galaxy Battles II: Emerging Worlds is the second series of Galaxy Battles. The event will be held at Manila, Philippines, where eight teams will compete for their chance at the $500,000 USD prize pool.
The event was initially planned to be part of the Dota Pro Circuit but lost its Major status on January 4th. As a result, several high profile teams withdrew from the tournament, reducing the number of participating teams from sixteen to eight.
- Eight teams play in a double-elimination bracket:
- Upper bracket matches are Bo3
- Lower bracket matches are Bo1
- Bo5 Grand Finals
The prize pool for the tournament is $500,000 USD.
- 1 w33 will be standing in for paiN Gaming.
- 2 7ckngMad and KheZu will be standing in for n0tail and s4.
- 3 Masoku will be standing in for Accel.
- 4 TNC Pro Team renamed to TNC Predator on January 15th.
- Beyond The Summit on Twitch.tv
- Beyond The Summit 3 on Twitch.tv
- Galaxy Battles on Huomao.com
- Beyond The Summit Portuguese on Twitch.tv
- Galaxy Battle (5 October 2017). "Galaxy Battles 2018: Emerging Worlds!". Facebook.
- "Regarding Galaxy Battles Major". Valve Corporation. 4 January 2018.
- GalaxyBattles (12 January 2018). "The Galaxy Battles 2018 schedule is out!". Facebook.
- Galaxy Battle (7 October 2017). "Here are your first 4 Direct Invites!". Facebook.
- Galaxy Battle (3 November 2017). "EG Dota2 is the next direct invite to Galaxy Battles!". Facebook.
- paiN Gaming (30 December 2017). "Look who has come to give that strength to our DotA team 2: Omar "w33" Aliwi". Facebook.
- OG (8 January 2018). "Galaxy Battles Update". Facebook.
- TNC Predator (15 January 2018). "Acer Predator is now TNC Pro Team’s Title Sponsor". Retrieved 14 April 2019.
- Galaxy Battle (27 October 2017). "Your next direct invite announced". Facebook.
- Galaxy Battle (10 November 2017). "Team Liquid will be at Galaxy Battles as our next direct invite!". Facebook.
- Galaxy Battle (24 November 2017). "Here is the Last Direct Invites". Facebook.
- Jay "Potshot" Massaad (5 January 2018). "Virtus.pro pull out of Galaxy Battles". cybersport.com.
- Team Secret (5 January 2018). "Regarding the Galaxy Battles Major". Facebook.
- Radoslav "Nydra" Kolev (5 January 2018). "Team Liquid pull out of Galaxy Battles". cybersport.com.
- @KodiakShroyer (6 January 2018). "Due to the recent decision from Valve and after many conversations with our team, we have decided that the OpTic Dota 2 team will not be participating in the upcoming Galaxy Battles event in the Philippines". Twitter.
- @NewbeeDota (7 January 2018). "After careful communication with the tournament organizers, we hereby withdraw from the Galaxy Battles tournament". Twitter.
- Mineski-Dota (8 January 2018). "Since the inception of the new Mineski-Dota 2017, we set our sights on qualifying for The International 2018". Facebook.
- LGD Gaming (10 January 2018). "LFY withdrew". Weibo.com.