Aurel Vlaicu, the Gyrocopter
|Carry Nuker Disabler|
After serving through a lifetime of wars, upheaval, riots, and revolutions, the brass figured Aurel had seen enough. But in addition to a few trinkets and his considerable pension, the erstwhile engineer left with something far more interesting: a long-forgotten, incomplete schematic for a Gyrocopter, the world's first manned, non-magical flying device. Retiring to the tropical obscurity of the Ash Archipelago with little else but time and money, he set to work building the device. As the years wore on and the remains of failed prototypes began to pile up, he began to wonder if mechanical flight was even possible. A decade and a day after his retirement, on a sunny afternoon with a southerly breeze, Aurel sat in his latest attempt bristling with indignation and expectant failure. With a grunt of effort he pulled the ignition cord and covered his head, waiting for the inevitable explosion. However to his great surprise he began to lift and, following a few panicked adjustments, stabilize. Within an hour, he was ducking and weaving with the breeze, level with the gulls, and Aurel found himself filled with the breathless wonder of flight. As dusk settled in he set a course back to his workshop, but no sooner had he turned his craft when a cannonball tore through his tailfin. Disentangling himself from the wreckage, he swam toward the nearest piece of land in sight, and cursed to see the ship responsible for the cannonball collecting the debris. Days later, when Aurel returned to his workshop, he set to work on yet another gyrocopter, this one capable of carrying a much heavier, more dangerous payload.
- Total damage:
- 210 / 360 / 510 / 660
- 570 / 720 / 870 / 1020
- Does not hit invisible units.
- Only attacks from heroes, illusions, and Towers can damage the missile. Illusions count as heroes for the number of attacks.
- The missile travels at 500 speed and increases by 20 speed per second.
- Force Staff can be used on the missile.
- Missile is instantly destroyed by Chronosphere.
- Enemies gain vision of the missile 1 second after it starts moving, which is 4 seconds after being deployed.
- The crosshair over the target is only visible to allies.
- Missile will follow and hit invisible units.
- Has 400 flying vision.
- Homing Missile will find a new target if its primary target dies. Prioritizes heroes.
- Gyrocopter's base attack range does not change.
- Total damage:
- 350 / 525 / 700
- The first missile lands 2 seconds after cast, and the second missile lands 4 seconds after cast.
- The visual call down indicator is only visible to allies, but enemies can see the rockets launch.
- Has 300 flying vision of the targeted area for 4 seconds.
Aghanim's Scepter Ability
|Side Gunner Range||700|
- Side Gunner attacks apply the same attack modifiers as Gyrocopter's standard attacks.
- Side Gunner prioritizes the furthest unit away in its range.
- Side Gunner attacks do not trigger Flak Cannon.
- The attacks by the Side Gunner are separate and do not interrupt Gyrocopter.
- Still fires while disabled, but not while hidden from the map.
- Does not attack while Gyrocopter is invisible.
|Global Call Down||25||3 Homing Missile Charges|
|+16 Rocket Barrage Damage||20||+30 Movement Speed|
|-40s Call Down Cooldown||15||+0.4s Homing Missile Stun Duration|
|+200 Health||10||+16 Damage|
With his arsenal of firepower at the ready, Gyrocopter soars into battle. Blasting all nearby enemies with shots from his cannon or hammering them with a barrage of rockets, if he is able to gather his full strength, he demolishes foes with ease.
- Standard Gyrocopter (Lane) Build
- Standard Gyrocopter (Middle) Build
- DotaFire's Builds & Guides for Gyrocopter