Hoodwink's earliest years were spent in the idyllic expanse of green that once filled the edges of Krimwohl. But as that kingdom grew, and the needs of both her citizens and her armies became ravenous, rival ore and timber barons scratched and clawed to outpace each other in devouring the natural beauty of the border forests, gorging themselves to meet the demands of the changing land.
To those living in the ancient timberlands, the choice came down to following the line of refugees into the pacified zones, falling to Krimwohl's black powder and steel while defending their homes, or fleeing further north to tempt fate in the haunted glens and groves of the misty Wood Tomo'kan.
So it was in those treacherous northern mistwoods that Hoodwink came of age, dodging the horrific predators of the Tomo'kan, ingratiating herself with some of the local banditry whilst antagonizing others, and finding absolutely every which way to be underfoot whenever some interesting mischief arose--often allegedly the cause of it.
But when the faintest whiff of Krimwohl's fires eventually drifted into her adopted home, Hoodwink's thoughts turned to any family and friends who might have survived the invasion--now made to eke out lives in the razed lands whose wounds scarred her very soul--and she couldn't help but approach the edges of civilization to get a glimpse of the devils that had destroyed her old life.
There, she saw that the monsters from her childhood weren't monsters at all. They were just...people. Soldiers, laborers, merchants...and refugees. And the soldiers, even with their black powder and steel, were nothing compared to the dangers of the Tomo'kan--real dangers with tentacles and teeth--dangers she danced around like a twirling maple seed.
Knowing she can always find safe passage in the tangles of the Tomo'kan, where most warm-blooded folk wisely fear to tread, Hoodwink now strikes out against those who dare try to further pacify the wilds, happily taking what she likes from their belongings, destroying what she has no use for, and helping guide any kindred survivors back to a life in the green once again.
Always at hand when trouble's afoot, Hoodwink lives to tangle with the threats that fill the haunted forest she adopted as her home. Toting a massive crossbow while still able to scurry through the woodland with the greatest of ease, Hoodwink is nearly impossible to keep tabs on in battle. Lose track and she'll pop out behind you -- your stunned carcass already dangling in one of her nets.
Fires Hoodwink's attack with an acorn at the target unit. The acorn bounces to nearby targets, slowing them and dealing bonus damage. If point targeted, a tree is created at the target position and the acorn will bounce to nearby targets.
|Bonus Attack Range||125/200/275/350|
|Bounce Count||2/3/4/5 |
Though she'll make do with almost anything, Oak and Ironwood acorns make the most effective projectiles -- and the bulk of Hoodwink's stash
Tosses a net trap that stuns enemy heroes if they are near a tree in the area. Affected enemies take damage and are pulled towards the tree nearest to them, and have their vision reduced to 0 for the duration of the stun.
|Does not pierce Spell Immunity.|
|Dispellable with strong dispels.|
Hoodwink favors Ironwood groves for ambushes, but the wary step carefully in all areas of the mistwoods.
Hoodwink passively has a chance to evade physical attacks while near trees. When activated, Hoodwink gains bonus movement speed, phased collision, and tree-walking for a brief time.
|Bonus Movement Speed||20%/25%/30%/35%|
|Charges Replenish Time||30/24/18/12|
There's not a nook or cranny in the Wood Tomo'kan out of reach of Hoodwink's paws.
Hoodwink charges up and fires a deadly bolt from her crossbow, dealing heavy damage, apply slow and break to an enemy Hero. The damage and debuff duration scale up to max after charging a while, and the bolt is fired automatically after 5 seconds. Hoodwink is knocked backwards for a distance from the force of the shot.
|Move Speed Slow||30%/40%/50%|
|Self Knockback Distance||350|
|Self Knockback Duration||0.4|
|Does not pierce Spell Immunity|
Pierce Spell Immunity
While her first arbalest was a chance discovery, Hoodwink now takes great care in carving and caring for her own -- of course with some necessary components pilfered or otherwise cleverly procured.
Release the charged shot, regain ability to move and attack.
Aghanim's Scepter Ability
Tosses a boomerang at a target enemy in an arc. Upon contact, it returns to Hoodwink. The boomerang deals damage as it passes through or hits enemies, and apply a Hunter's Mark that causes affected enemies to be slowed and be more vulnerable to spell damage and have reduced status resistance.
|Magic/Status Resistance Reduction||25%|
This spell is granted by Aghanim's Scepter.
|Does not pierce Spell Immunity.|
Aghanim's Shard Ability
Hoodwink sends a decoy illusion with Scurry to the target location. When the illusion is attacked or hit by a targeted ability, it is destroyed, a lesser Bushwhack is thrown to the unit that attacked it and a tree is spawned in its location.
|Illusion Incoming Damage||100%|
|Illusion Outgoing Damage||0%|
This ability is granted by Aghanim's Shard
|Does not pierce Spell Immunity.|
- Acorn Shot slow duration increased from 0.25s to 0.35
- Level 25 Talent no longer makes Sharpshooter deal pure damage.
- Movement Speed reduced from 320 to 310
- Bushwhack damage is now dealt over time on a 0.3s interval for the duration of the debuff. (Damage stops if hero is released)
- Decoy now throws a Lesser Bushwhack towards the unit that attacked the illusion and spawns a tree in its location
- Decoy cooldown reduced from 40s to 25s
- Decoy stun duration increased from 1s to 2s
- Hunter's Boomerang can now be ground targeted
- Level 10 Talent +200 Health replaced with +1s Scurry Duration
- Level 15 Talent +16 Agility replaced with +2 Acorn Shot Bounces
- Bushwhack radius increased from 250 to 265
- Bushwhack stun duration increased from 1.4/1.7/2/2.3 to 1.5/1.8/2.1/2.4
- Bushwhack projectile speed increased from 1000 to 1200
- Strength gain increased from 1.8 to 2.0
- Acorn Shot damage increased from 65% to 75%
- Level 10 Talent increased from -3s Bushwhack Cooldown to -4s
- Level 10 Talent increased from +175 Health to +200
- Level 15 Talent increased from +14 Agility to +16
- Added Aghanim's Scepter. Grants new active ability - Hunter's Boomerang. Tosses a boomerang in an arc at the target enemy. Upon contact, it returns to Hoodwink. The boomerang will deal 350 damage as it passes through or hits enemies, and apply a Hunter's Mark that causes affected enemies to be slowed by 20% and take 25% more spell damage and have 25% reduced status resistance for 7 seconds. Cooldown: 18. Manacost: 125
- Added Aghanim's Shard. Grants new active ability - Decoy. Hoodwink sends a decoy illusion with Scurry to the target location. When the illusion is attacked or hit by a targeted ability, it is destroyed and plants a tree in its place that applies a lesser Bushwhack to enemy heroes around it. The Illusion lasts 12 seconds. Cooldown: 60. Manacost: 50
- Acorn Shot bonus damage reworked from 100% + 20/40/60/80 to 65% + 50/75/100/125
- Acorn Shot Initial projectile now uses the attacker's projectile speed (halved for bounces)
- Acorn Shot planted tree is no longer considered special for Tango usage
- Acorn Shot may now be placed on auto-cast to always use ground targeting
- Bushwhack radius decreased from 275 to 250
- Bushwhack damage decreased from 90/180/270/360 to 75/150/225/300
- Bushwhack stun duration increased from 1.3/1.6/1.9/2.2 to 1.4/1.7/2.0/2.3
- Fixed units dying during Bushwhack sometimes destroying trees and freeing other units from Bushwhack
- Scurry active speed reduced from 25/30/35/40% to 20/25/30/35%
- Scurry charge replenish time reduced from 30/25/20/15 to 30/24/18/12
- Sharpshooter max damage reduced from 600/1000/1400 to 550/900/1250
- Sharpshooter now has a minimum power level of 20%, and scales normally from there
- Sharpshooter mana cost rescaled from 150 to 125/175/225
- Sharpshooter movement slow reduced from 50% to 30/40/50%
- Sharpshooter max debuff duration reduced from 6 to 5
- Sharpshooter no longer grants vision along the sight
- Hero Added