Illusions are weaker, magical copies of a hero. All illusions deal 60% less than their stated damage value to buildings. To enemies they look exactly the same as the original unit (with the exception of Wall of Replica and Reflection), but to allies illusions always appear very distinct from the original one. They have a different color than the original unit, usually blue. Illusions run equally fast but their attacks usually deal much less damage and take much more damage. With the exception of Haunt and Reflection whose illusions will only attack one unit, illusions are controllable by whichever player they are created by. Illusions are instantly killed by hexes and take extra damage from certain purge effects and spells. Illusions created by other illusions will be based on the original hero's stats.
Illusions provide a 2 × Level gold and experience bounty when last hit. Illusions created by Juxtapose and Wall of Replica give a constant 5 gold and experience bounty. Unlike other sources of experience, only the player that last hits an illusion gains experience. In addition, if an illusion dies to any other means or expires, no experience is given to anyone.
Passive abilities illusions can use
- Most hero and item passive abilities
- Auras that the original hero has, with the exception of some effects
- Critical Strike (the red number is before the illusion reduction however)
- Diffusal Blade's Manabreak
- Movement Speed bonus
- Attack Speed bonus
- Attribute Bonus (Strength, Agility, and Intelligence)
- Movement Speed bonuses from Yasha, Sange and Yasha and Manta Style
- Health or Mana
- Radiance's Burn (does not stack with other Radiance auras)
- Attack range changes
- Damage Block (Vanguard, Poor Man's Shield, etc)
Passive abilities illusions cannot use
- Raw Damage or Armor or increase
- Health or Mana regeneration, including Lifesteal (regardless of what the animation may show)
- Bash, including Monkey King Bar (regardless of what the animation may show)
- Magic Resistance from abilities, from base Magic Resistance, and from items (Cloak, Glimmer Cape, Hood of Defiance, or Pipe of Insight)
- Greater Maim from Sange and Yasha and Lesser Maim from Sange and Heaven's Halberd
- Greevil's Greed from Alchemist
These illusions are spawned at a point next to the hero or illusion being copied. There is no invulnerability or buff removal provided when casting these abilities.
|Phantom Lancer||Spirit Lance|
|Dark Seer||Wall of Replica|
|Vengeful Spirit||Nether Swap|
|Rune of Illusion||Illusion|
Mirror Image type illusions are created at the caster's location and are mixed up with the hero so that enemies will not know which is which. These skills also provide a short period of invulnerability and dispel most debuffs.
|Naga Siren||Mirror Image|
|Manta Style||Mirror Image|