Io, the Wisp
Io is everywhere, and in all things. Denounced by enemies as the great unmaker, worshiped by scholars as the twinkling of a divine eye, this strange Wisp of life-force occupies all planes at once, the merest fraction of its being crossing into physical existence at any one moment.
Like the great twin riders Dark and Light, and yet another ancient traveler whose true history is lost to the ages, Io the Wisp is a Fundamental of the universe—a force older than time, a wanderer from realms far beyond mortal understanding. Io is nothing less than the sum of all attractive and repulsive forces within the material field, a sentient manifestation of the charge that bind particles together. It is only in the controlled warping of these forces that Io's presence can be experienced on the physical plane. A benevolent, cooperative force, Io bonds its strange magnetism to others so that the power of allies might be enhanced. Its motives inscrutable, its strength unimaginable, Io moves through the physical plane, the perfect expression of the mysteries of the universe.
Io has a talent for making allies more effective. A powerful companion, the wisp's tether speeds allies and stops enemies. Capable of linking to and teleporting across the battlefield with an ally, Io can make a dangerous ally even deadlier.
Tethers Io to an allied unit, granting bonus movement speed to both. When Io restores health or mana, tethered units target gains a larger portion of that amount. The tether breaks when the allied unit moves too far away, or Io cancels the tether.
Io may cancel tether at any time with Break Tether
|Movement Speed Bonus||6%/8%/10%/12% |
|Enemy Move/Attack Slow||15%/25%/35%/45% |
|Tether Break Distance||1000|
|Ability||Attack Tethered Ally's Target |
|Passive Spell Lifesteal|
|Io gains Spell Lifesteal and can now share Spell Lifesteal with its tethered target.|
The benevolent touch of Io brings strength from between the planes.
- Ally regeneration is based on Io's current regeneration.
- Io's movement speed is set to match the tethered ally's movement speed.
- Enemy units may only be slowed once per cast of tether.
- If Io and the target ally are further than 700 range when tether is used, Io will slingshot rapidly at 1000 speed towards the ally to a distance of 300 range. When this slingshot occurs, trees at the destination around Io within 350 range will be destroyed.
- If Io is more than 700 range away while tethered, the tether visual gets thinner to indicate it is near breaking distance.
- If interrupted, the tether is canceled and Io stops traveling.
- Attacking the tethered ally's target is passive and does not interrupt Io.
Breaks the link to the tethered unit.
Summon five particle spirits that dance in a circle around Io. If a particle collides with an enemy hero, it explodes, damaging all enemy units in an area around it. Creeps take minor damage from touching a particle spirit, but do not cause them to explode. When its duration ends, any remaining Spirits explode.
|Explosion Damage||30/50/70/90 |
|Spirits Spawn Interval||1 |
|Explosion Move Speed Slow|
|Spirits now passively spawn around Io constantly every second up to the max. Spirits colliding with enemy Heroes slows them briefly.|
|Does not pierce Spell Immunity.|
Io twists the particles of the universe with his unimaginable capabilities.
- Spirits spawn one by one over 4 seconds and will initially spawn 150 units away.
- Spirits provide 150 flying vision briefly when colliding with an enemy hero.
- If the spell duration runs out or is recast, any spirits still circling Io will explode at their present location.
- The spirits complete a revolution every 2.7 seconds regardless of distance from Io, meaning spirits will move more quickly when further away.
Sends the spirits closer to you. Can be toggled on and off.
Sends the spirits farther away from you. Can be toggled on and off.
Io gains bonus attack speed, spell amplification, and HP Regen based on max health.
If Io is Tether
ed to an ally, that unit also gains the bonuses.
|Bonus Attack Speed||35/60/85/110|
|Max HP Regen||0.5%/0.6%/0.7%/0.8% |
|Spell Amplification||8%/10%/12%/14% |
|Increases Overcharge Spell Amplification, and Io gains Spell Lifesteal and can now share Spell Lifesteal with its tethered target.|
Drawing on the energy of matter from all worlds, Io begins the unraveling of time.
Teleports Io and any Tether
ed ally to any location. After the spell expires Io and any tethered ally will return to their original location. Double-click to teleport to your team's base fountain.
Io is the embodiment of the mystery of the universe.
- Double clicking Relocate teleports to the fountain.
- Destroys trees within 300 range of the teleport destination and return location.
- The visual effect on Io, visual effect at the destination, and minimap marker of the destination are also visible to enemies.
- Heal/Mana Transfer decreased from 75/90/105/120% to 60/80/100/120%
- Mana Cost decreased from 120/130/140/150 to 100/110/120/130
- Attack Speed rescaled from 25/55/85/115 to 35/60/85/110
- Level 10 Talent +4 Health Regen replaced with +15% Tether Enemy Move/Attack Slow
- Level 15 Talent Spirits Hero Damage increased from +45 to +55
- Attack Speed Bonus rescaled from 50/70/90/110 to 25/55/85/115
- Reworked Shard. Passively grants Io 10% spell lifesteal. Increases Overcharge spell amplification by 10% and causes it to also share Io's current spell lifesteal with any Tethered units
- Heal transfer rescaled from 70/90/110/130% to 75/90/105/120%
- Scepter now also causes Spirits to apply a 15% slow for 0.3 seconds when impacting an enemy hero
- Cooldown increased from 22/20/18/16s to 25/22/19/16s
- Spell Amplification reduced from 10/12/14/16% to 8/10/12/14%
- Level 10 Talent +30 damage replaced with +15 damage to Tethered units
- Level 15 Talent +15% spell lifesteal replaced with +6% Tether movement speed
- Level 15 Talent +300 Spirits max range replaced with +45 spirit damage
- Level 20 Talent +60 Spirit damage replaced with +0.2 Overcharge max HP regen bonus
- Level 25 Talent +900 health replaced with +400 health to Tethered units