Iron Branch (also known as Branch) is an early game item purchasable from the Attributes section in the Home Shop. Although the Iron Branch only grants a single point of strength, agility, and intelligence, the gold cost per stat is highly cost effective. It can also be used on the ground to plant a tree.
- Provides double healing duration when consumed by a
- The tree has a visually unique appearance from other trees.
- Using this ability consumes the Iron Branch.
The Iron Branch is a very attractive item because of its low cost. It's always useful to fill up most of your empty inventory slots with branches at the start of each game. Commonly seen items such as the Magic Wand, Buckler, and Headdress all require Iron Branches in their recipe as well, giving you potential build options.
Planting the tree can block narrow paths, allowing the user to escape or trap enemies when using the ability wisely.
All heroes are highly recommended to purchase one or more Iron Branches in the early game to maximize their laning efficiency because it gives stat increases across the board. But past the early stages of the game, item slots and gold will be prioritized for more important items.
- Often referred to as a GG branch in WC3 DotA as "Wearing one ensures a Good Game."
- The tree planting ability was inspired by painter Bob Ross who was well known for painting "happy little trees" during his television show. The visual model of the tree in-game also reflects Bob Ross's style, with small flourishes and flowers around the tree. A month and a half before the tree planting ability was added, a resurgence in Bob Ross's popularity occurred during Twitch Creative's The Joy of Painting marathon, celebrating Bob Ross's 73rd birthday.